Going on Holiday

LailaA

Hi i need some advice im on the cruise stage of diet & so far hav lost 7 pounds
Im going on holiday in 10 days time but the last thing i want is to put on weight but its a holiday where i should be indulging in delicious foods..what to do to get best of both worlds???

Hi LailaA...

I don't see your User CP (showing ie how much you still need to lose) but, realistically - and this goes for all new people - it's not a long term or quick fix diet to start so close to a holiday.

The weight loss side is one thing, but then you need to "consolidate" it (reintroduce carbs slowly or risk whacking the whole lot back on at twice the speed you lost it even!).

So, if you think you can handle a diet holiday - go for it - but as for "best of both worlds", that's a tough one!

If you're nearly at target, you could try "Conso" on holiday... you might regain some and you WILL rediscover temptations and urges!

.what to do to get best of both worlds???

Here's how I look at it

First the Good News - The Dukan Diet is exactly the diet you should follow to have "the best of both worlds", if you mean by that to reach the healthy weight you want to be, maintain it and eat and drink delicious treats.

The Bad News is - you can have both, but not at the same time.

Dukan promises real treats in the future - but you have to take the weight loss phases of the diet seriously, and only then start to enjoy both the slimmer figure and the holiday treats.

I know it's tough - but can you start imagining the holiday now as one where the real treats come not from the food but from other new experiences - the new scenery you will see on your walks, spa treatments, swiming in a warm sea, new cultures, new friends - whatever floats your boat.

And maybe everytime you say "no" to a creamy sauce or an ice-cream next week, promise yourself that you will come back to try it another year in a smaller dress?

Last week on holiday, I chanted to myself more than once:

"Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels..."

My mum and dad have took their oatbran on holiday with them. My mum's ate 'everything' in her own words haha, but my dad hasn't eaten any carbs... willpower! You need to pack your willpower in your suitcase! :D

Thanks for all your advice and i totally agree being slim is so much better than indulging in delicious food only to be guilty and miserable....

I definetly need to take willpower in my suitcase im just hoping the heat will make me eat less tempting foods

Will keep u updated :)

Thanks for all your advice and i totally agree being slim is so much better than indulging in delicious food only to be guilty and miserable....

Think how that food will be even more delicious next year, when you can eat it, stay trim and not feel guilty at all!

I'm so pleased that I will be in stabilisation by the time I go on holiday in 5 months, the food is a big part of my holiday and I want to be able to enjoy it and not have to worry.
I would suggest you try and limit the damage by sticking to cruise as much as possible and limit the treats

Back