going on holls with family for few days? what to choose to eat in resturants, pubs?

woo69

going on holls with family for few days? what to choose to eat in resturants, pubs? menu nightmares already!!!

thinking things like steak , or roast chicken or fish would be ok , with baked spuds , and veg no sauce /butter

would spaggetti bollonaise be ok out or woul;d it be high fat ?/?

what about drinks , my daughter whos 18 is also on slimming world , ee, would soda water and blackcurrant be ok , or ? would you suggest

thanks w0069

I went to Greece last week and I stuck to grilled chicken steaks etc and salads. Only had diet coke
And water for my drinks. Bought fruit from the little shops to stay away from high fat snacks x

Soda and lime is quite nice, I reckon you could add vodka if want an alcoholic drink.

Steaks are a good option, most menu's cater for the healthy options these days. You'll be ok! Good job your daughter is with you to motivate each other :)

basically all meat , fish , veg on EE are free so when I'm on hols, I allow myself a bread portion and then try and avoid rich creamy sauces etc. Ok, so maybe the veg may have some oil and butter in it , but at least the principles of the plan are being followed.

Remember though, you ARE on holiday, so allow yourself a few treats etc xxx

If you go for pasta then aim for the tomato based sauces and you are usually ok. Obviously bare in mind that bolognaise contains meat that won't be extra lean, but I had bolognaise at frankie and bennys and it didn't affect my loss that week

stivesliz said:
Remember though, you ARE on holiday, so allow yourself a few treats etc xxx

Some great suggestions here but think this is very important to remember.

Good luck and have a great time

I think that's what is great about the EE plan - you can eat out without too much damage x

Couldn't agree more, I eat out loads and if I want something in particular that wouldn't fit exactly on plan but follows the basic principles, I will have it but ask for all sauces etc on the side. That way I really can have my cake and eat it.

Back