going out for Sunday lunch, help!

Smile sweetly at the waiter and explain that you are on a low-fat diet and there are certain things you can't eat so you will have to ask for his/her help.

Menus are negotiable, and a good restaurant will be happy to make sure you get what you want.

Starters:

The prawns, with a minimal amount of sauce
The pheasant salad, ask for no dressing
The roasted figs, go easy on the cheese

Main courses:

Venison stew, go easy on the mash
Plaice - ask them to leave off the burnt butter
Sea Bream without the potatoes
Roast chicken, take the skin off, go easy on the mash and ask for the caesar dressing on the side so you can just have a little bit

And if something arrives on your plate which you don't want to eat, either leave it there or give it to someone else. You don't have to eat everything!

On their website they say they cook to order. Order your food as syn free as possible. When I go to our local I explain what I want and they make my order syn free as possible.
They boil my potatoes and veg. They make my fish/meat option syn free under the grill. Even remove the skin off my chicken! They put all the sauces in a little bowl next to my food so I can add if I like! My food is usually totally syn free, so much that i can order a glass of wine!

PS Make sure to thank everyone including the chef!

Ps Most chefs keep up to date with diets, so they instinctively know what to do when you order. You will be surprised at how easy it will be and how delicious they make your food even with the changes you ask for!

Thanks for all the tips. When I got there the menu was different, grrr. So I skipped the starter and had a roast beef dinner, probably the worst thing I could have picked in hindsight. (Yorkshire pud, dripping potatoes, cauliflower cheese, even the carrots were honeyed!)
Epic fail!! Oh well we live and learn, and today is a fresh start.

Thanks for all the tips. When I got there the menu was different, grrr. So I skipped the starter and had a roast beef dinner, probably the worst thing I could have picked in hindsight. (Yorkshire pud, dripping potatoes, cauliflower cheese, even the carrots were honeyed!)
Epic fail!! Oh well we live and learn, and today is a fresh start.
Sounds devine! Hope you enjoyed it!!!! Flexible syn day!
This is the beauty of SW, no regrets! Just move on!

Back