Going to Christmas doo, and I don't want to

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Blonde Logic, 20 December 2007 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Here we are once again trying to get dressed for our bike clubs Christmas doo.

Do I have anything festive to wear? Of course not. Havene't felt festive in about a hundred pounds. errrr...I mean years.

Will the other wives? Of course they will. They are stick thin. :rolleyes: They'll be in their little strappy sparkly dresses or tops and I will be in my make-you-look-thinner (like heck) black jeans. lol

All the men will comment on how nice they "clean up" and they will say hello to me. lol

I REALLY HATE THIS. And I don't want to go. Hrumpfh.

I want to go next year. Just not this year.

Does anyone else feel like this ever? Or used to? Its just the worst.

I am trying to look nice, and I get overheated, so by the time I have done my hair, makeup and get dressed, I have lost my hairstyle because I am too hot. URGH. I just feel awful about myself right now. I really really do.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!

R O L L - O N - J A N U A R Y ! ! ! ! ! !

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.56%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm going to my Xmas Do tonight - In fact I'm typing in my outfit. However, I am nearer my goal, and 4 stone lighter than I was 3 months ago, so I am feeling fantastic. Got 12 jeans and 10 sparkly top and put make up on, hair decorations etc. I feel a million dollars.

Although this probably doesn't help you right now, think about how you'll feel at next year's Xmas do! You'll outshine the lot of them. Chin up!

4. Annie 100

Annie 100 Likes to chat

Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What you have written was exactly how I was feeling this time last year. I would rather have been under a bus than out at a 'do' looking like Greenpeace had hauled me in from the whaling fleet. I started lighterlife in Jan this year and lost 4 1/2 stone in the 12 weeks, I didn't continue as I felt I had mastered myself and could go it alone. 8 months on, I'm 2lb heavier than when I finished LL, so I'm happy with that! But, what I really want to say is, I feel for you, I've been there and I know how awful it is to feel so uncomfortable, but you are going to do something about it and this time next year, I'm sure you will be writing on here encouraging someone else in the same situation. Have a good Christmas and look forward to the New Year You.

5. Zomble

Zomble Full Member

Yep, me too! But now I'd like to go out more, once I buy myself some clothes that fit...

6. Lil K

Lil K Addicted to Minimins

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(13.3%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save

.....Now that is dedication/addiction to Minimins - I am impressed! :D

7. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Thanks everyone!!! I really appreciate your comments = I was dreading last night and feeling very bad. It was pretty much as I expected. lol But still had a nice time anyway.

I definately hope this is the last Christmas I feel like this!!!

For you at target, or nearly there, must feel wonderful!! Well done!

8. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

Got hubby's christmas do tonight, I have never met any of them before!!! Hope it all goes well, will keep you posted lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.