Going to give CD a go... Nervous about the taste tho !

Cobra

Silver Member
I am waiting for a CD consultant to get back to me, I have done Slim Fast before, and the shakes make me sick, so I couldn't stick to that.

Is it possible to taste the shakes before shelling out £40 quid, to discover that you can't drink them ??

I have done SW WW and I am still on SW now, but the amount that I am loosing, is devastating, and to be honest, I can't cope with so dismal losses any more, and Im getting to the point of thinking of having surgery... I have lost 11lbs in 9 month, no matter how strict I am, its just not coming off.

I am going on a cruise in 44 days, and I want to be one dress size down, so really I shouldn't have to loose that much more as I have already lost 11, maybe another 8 or 10 ? to get into the next dress size, and I know I am just not going to be able to do it with SW.

Is it too much to expect a 10lb loss in 44 days ??, bear in mind its taken 9 month for 11lbs !!

Lisa xx

HI Cobra, I lost 10lbs in my 1st week on CD so its very do-able!
I've done slim fast before and the shakes made me feel sick!
They tasted too mineral-y!
But the CD shakes are delicious!
Just add ice and its just like a shake bought from the shops!
My faves are Mint choc, Vanilla and Mango,
But everyone varies!
I was nervous too after my Slim Fast experience,
But I'm loving the plan and the shakes :) I'd definitely reccommend CD!
Best of luck xxx

You will deffo lose 10lbs, probably nearing a stone and a half if u did it for 44 days! I lost 7lbs in my first week but it can depend on how much u have to lose.
The shakes are fine as well - id never say they taste better than a nice healthy meal but they can be quite nice, certainly manageable.
I'd say give CD a go, even if you try a week first. You will deffo lose weight even in a week will be a good loss! And once you are on ketosis you won't feel hungry and most people get ketosis induced euphoria! I have just got into that - feel very happy and everything's great! Energy levels through the roof as well.
This forum is great for support, you will never be far from a helping hand or someone to listen!
Hope you are successful in whatever you decide to do :)

Xx

Hey cobra!! You will definitely lose 10lbs by then! I've done Cambridge for exactly 44 days today and managed to shift 28lbs (so two stone!) they say on average everyone who does this plan will lose at least a stone in a month! Even if you just do the plan for a week it'll be so worth it! I tried to exercise excessively and eat healthily for a few months and still didn't lose much weight so Cambridge was my last hope and it's the best thing I ever did!!

Last edited:
well, I went to meet the consultant today, she is lovely, I got photographed, measured all over, and had an hour long meeting with her.

So Im doing step one from tomorrow, I am looking forward to it! I have a large variety of shakes etc to try and soups and porridge, so Im sure I will find a few different ones that I like

I was shocked when she said, not to exercise though !!

Good luck and I'm sure you will love the shakes my fav was banana

Thankyou, I have got the banana !

Lisa xx

Just having my first shake !

Vanilla, I have to say I am shocked at how tasty it is !

I'm really pleased that I like it so much !

Lisa

I'm on day 3 now !!

I'm quite hungry at the moment, but have stuck to it, I crumbled last night and had 2 crumpets !!

But today is a new day :)

Lisa

Hi Cobra, hope things are going well for you. It is DEFINITELY possible to lose 10lbs in that amount of time, I think you'll surprise yourself :)
From what I've read on the forum, chocolate, chocolate mint, toffee and walnut and vanilla are a common favourite but everyone is different. The porridges are also lovely, but the maple and pecan seems to have more of an artificial taste than the others, but the others are quite sweet tasting..I like it though lol. I think the soups are an acquired taste but again, we're all different. Plus, if you don't like the flavour of a product then your CDC will most likely be happy to exchange it for one that you do like, so all you can do is try everything and see :)

Just a couple of tips if you're interested; some of the shakes are very nice mixed with warm water, and adding a small spoonful of coffee to a warm vanilla shake is said to be really nice but I haven't tried that one yet. I usually add a pinch of nutmeg to a vanilla shake then put mix-a-moose in, is quite a nice change after being on CD for so long!

I'm totally with you on saying that the slim-fast shakes don't taste nice, I couldn't stomach any of them but the CD ones seem to taste better in my opinion.

Good luck with your journey hun, everyone on the forum is always there if you need any advice or support. Keep us updated :) xx

Hi Cobra, hope things are going well for you. It is DEFINITELY possible to lose 10lbs in that amount of time, I think you'll surprise yourself :)
From what I've read on the forum, chocolate, chocolate mint, toffee and walnut and vanilla are a common favourite but everyone is different. The porridges are also lovely, but the maple and pecan seems to have more of an artificial taste than the others, but the others are quite sweet tasting..I like it though lol. I think the soups are an acquired taste but again, we're all different. Plus, if you don't like the flavour of a product then your CDC will most likely be happy to exchange it for one that you do like, so all you can do is try everything and see :)

Just a couple of tips if you're interested; some of the shakes are very nice mixed with warm water, and adding a small spoonful of coffee to a warm vanilla shake is said to be really nice but I haven't tried that one yet. I usually add a pinch of nutmeg to a vanilla shake then put mix-a-moose in, is quite a nice change after being on CD for so long!

I'm totally with you on saying that the slim-fast shakes don't taste nice, I couldn't stomach any of them but the CD ones seem to taste better in my opinion.

Good luck with your journey hun, everyone on the forum is always there if you need any advice or support. Keep us updated :) xx

Thankyou !

I have been and changed the ones I don't like today, got some extra vanilla ones, so I will try it with a spoon of coffee later !

Congrats on your weight loss, you have done amazing on it !!! How long have you been on it for ?

Lisa xxx

You're welcome hun, you'll have to let me know what the vanilla with coffee tastes like, it does look nice!

Thank you! :) I started in November 2011 so it's been about 8 months :) xx

Ell-Bee said:
You're welcome hun, you'll have to let me know what the vanilla with coffee tastes like, it does look nice!

Thank you! :) I started in November 2011 so it's been about 8 months :) xx

Omg !! Coffee with vanilla, it's lovely !! Like a really creamy latte !!

That's my new drink in the morning :)

Back