Going to the pub and day one on SS!

sammyzip50

Silver Member
Hi All,

Nothing I can do about this but need to know what I can drink without looking like an idiot ;) I can get away with the not eating story.

Some of you will say start Saturday but if I don't start tomorrow I never will. There is never a good time plus need to be on day 4 on Monday not day 3 ;)

Also need to incorporate this in to my life as much as possible as will be on CWP for at least 12 weeks.

Ideas please?

Thanks

Sammy

hello sammy, firstly well done for not putting the diet off and braving the pub straight after CD! it's very difficult, i started on 1st march and I went out all day last sat, i'm out again all day this sat and out next sat night. i didnt drink last sat and i won't be drinking or eating at all for the two either, it is very dangerous in ketosis as wagglestaff pointed out. the only thing i can suggest is either tell people what you are doing (i didnt like this option and some people can be quite judgemental about vlcds and i hate having to explain my business to others!) or say that you are feeling under the weather or on tablets to avoid questions.

you're right to start straight away though, I knew i had all these days out planned in March but I knew that if I put the diet off til April that I would have probably put on another stone in that time! Plus it helps to be around others who are drinking/eating to strength your willpower too believe it or not!

good luck! x

Drink water and diet coke at a push if questioned your on metronidazole and it makes you vomit if mixed with alcohol. :) good luck with your journey :)

Drink water or sparkling water-or don't go to the pub-there are no half measures with this diet. It only works if you do it properly. Good luck whatever you decide :)

Well done hun, I went out with my friends 3 days into my CD and I was fine just managed to have "water" all night, had 1 soda water which I think is allowed. It didn't come without funny looks from everyone especially the bar staff & my friends kept trying to tempt me to drink...but it would NEVER happen! I was absolutely fine and surprisingly had a brilliant night even without the drink. However, it did reach the point where all my friends started to get "drunk" and it just became uncomfortable for me..which was when I called it a night! Keep focused and good luck with your journey :D xx

Back