Gone downhill since Monday....

foxychic

Since my mum moved at the weekend Ive using food as emotional crutch and have had an awful week. Got my half stone monday (thank you everyone for your kind words!!) but its gone pear shaped from there. ok during the day its mostly on an evening. Last night I had a lovely vegetable stirfry but then sat and had a bowl of icecream and some chocolate fingers!

At work on tuesday I had a rice Krispie square and I feel so guilty!

I told my mam I would make her proud and Im just undoing all my hard work :sigh:, so frustrating!! x

Since my mum moved at the weekend Ive using food as emotional crutch and have had an awful week. Got my half stone monday (thank you everyone for your kind words!!) but its gone pear shaped from there. ok during the day its mostly on an evening. Last night I had a lovely vegetable stirfry but then sat and had a bowl of icecream and some chocolate fingers!

At work on tuesday I had a rice Krispie square and I feel so guilty!

I told my mam I would make her proud and Im just undoing all my hard work :sigh:, so frustrating!! x

I just noticed nobody had responded to this and I feel I should.

I started my journey the day after I attended the funeral of my best mate.

On the journey home, I wanted to make him proud. He was not yet 50 and neither am I and I didn't want to leave so early. I made a (silent) promise to him I'd lose my weight and look after myself. I realise it could have so easily have been a crutch, and used the excuse of the loss to go the other way and binge, drink etc. but I chose the healthy route.

Perhaps you could use the vow you made to make her proud as your inspiration and motivation? - might be worth a try.

I quit smoking probably a decade ago now. My mother died 7 years ago - she died of cancer and begged me never to smoke again. Even after all these years I could pick up a cigarette anytime! - I won't though. Simply because of that.

Some might say sentimental old tosh? - but it works for me. I'd hope you can find a way of incorporating it into your regime.

Good luck

Steve

Foxychic just remember take each day as it comes. If you screw upo 1 day right it off and start again.

remember to write things down as a way of getting them off your chest and look at what made you screw up and work round it.

Tomorrow is always another day, so start afresh.

Agree with Maximus make a promise to yourself to make your mum proud and beat this thing streight on.

Back