Gone totally off track today, eeep!

purpleboots

I was really disorganised and unthinking today (its the last day of term, I'm not a teacher but I do work in a school, think I had started the end of term fever too soon!) and I've gone over and had something like 19-20 syns already, and have only so far had breakfast and lunch!! This was because I hadn't made my [acked lunch in advance so looked in the cupboard to see what I had and brought in a baxter's curry/soup thing to microwave - eating it before looking it up, and when I did look it up I was horrified - 15.5 syns!!!!! That's on top of a sugar in my coffee (forgot to bring sweetener to work) and a roses chocolate (last-day-of-term fever I think!!).

I feel like I've totally ruined today in fact like there's no way I'll lose this week and maybe gain (I've only lost 0.5lb a week over 2 weeks so far). Should I go swimming tonight, will that make up for the extra syns? I don't know what I can do to undo that and its really gutting!

Hang on, you've ruined a day by having 5 syns too many? You think you'll gain this week? You have 100 calories over your syn allowance!!

Time for a reality check.... this little slip up will only make you gain if you let it sabotage the rest of your slimming week.

It's done. Eat a lovely, filling and free/superfree dinner and make sure you have your healthy extras. If it bothers you that much, cut down by 5 syns tomorrow.

It's really not a big deal!

Calm down, dear! As jaylou says, you can easily make up for it - enjoy plenty of superfree later and tomorrow, cut back your Syns a little tomorrow, you should be fine. It's great that you've checked what you've actually had today but it's definitely not the end of the world so stick with it and I am sure you will see some good losses soon. Exercise is always a good idea as well xxx

Hang on, you've ruined a day by having 5 syns too many? You think you'll gain this week? You have 100 calories over your syn allowance!!

Time for a reality check.... this little slip up will only make you gain if you let it sabotage the rest of your slimming week.

It's done. Eat a lovely, filling and free/superfree dinner and make sure you have your healthy extras. If it bothers you that much, cut down by 5 syns tomorrow.

It's really not a big deal!

Thanks Jaylou, I will try to keep it in perspective!! I've had my healthy extras. The soup thing says it has 3 portions of veg in it so I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad! No pizza or beer for me tonight now *sadface* and I'm catering for guests on Sunday so tomorrow will have to be very healthy too.

It really is a matter of perspective :D It's so easy to let it ruin your day, but in all honesty, it hasn't - far from it.
Have a good weekend!

Hi there! Listen hun, just because you have one bad flower in your vase you wouldnt throw the other good ones away would you? Line drawn, start again and you will be in the zone and have fab losses! Simples :)

It is actually making me address something, that I do need a standby lunch ready to go in the mornings for the odd occasion where I forget or don't have time to make a packed lunch, and to make it something low-syn. I'd love suggestions from anyone but I can't eat gluten so all the instand noodle/pasta options are out for me I'm afraid, booooo!

Make up a big batch of soup, whatever you like, and freeze it in individual portions. Always keep one in the freezer to grab and go.

I'm investigating McCain microwave baked potatoes, looks like they are 1 syn each.

Back