Gonna give it a go

Donzy84

Back to basics
So I did a practice day on Thursday and it didn't go too bad until I "forgot" and polished off my daughters toast at lunch. Did find I ate a lot of junk yest but that was probably because it was there.

So today I'm going to have a proper down day as at BBQ tomorrow.

Why is it I'm feeling hungry already!!!!

Hoping to go through until tonight and have an evening meal.

Am I ok having tea with milk? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck with your DD, Donzy!

Perfectly normal to feel hungry earlier than usual ... it's your head ruling your stomach, that's all. Have plenty of water and drinks to fill your tummy and fool your head! ;)

Tea with milk is fine, but you need to count the calories in your milk. I use skimmed milk and it equates to about 12 calories a cup for me.

Have a great day and let us know how you get on.

P x

Hi there good luck with your down day, I find drinking loads of water helps me keep hunger at bay on a down day, then I have a little snack (cracker bread or low cal jelly) at midday so if you can its best to keep your down day food late as possible. I'm not sure about the milk in tea, I think you'd need to count the calories in the milk though (I don't drink tea) xxx

Ahhhhhhh didn't go too well, need to get more organised. I was fine until 2pm then took my little girl to a bday party and was surrounded by food and them had to make dessert for BBQ tomorrow.

I really want to give this a go especially after watching the programme on horizon earlier. Think I'm gonna have to plan it for work days when I'm out te house and not cooking for the kids x

Never mind. It was just a practice, right?

I found I stuttered a bit when I started. So I spent a Sunday making freezer meals and a list. I have barely thought about it since.

One meal, from a choice of 2, a day and a handful of fruit plus some miso soup and all my DDs are set. I found keeping my DD as simple as possible was the best way for me to go. I started with about 5 DD meals at 250kcals. Now I just make a freezer meal - usually veggie curry as it comes in HUGE portions - every couple of weeks and then stock up on those teeny tiny cans of tuna for a tuna mayo on ryvita.

My problem now is my Up Days - somehow I can't get the hang of them. Too few kcals!! I'm going to add fruit and yoghurt pudding this week. Or maybe I'll start baking again and have a muffin at break time! The rest can get eaten by the staffroom monsters!

You'll find a pattern that fits your lifestyle. That's what's so great about JUDDD, you can make the diet fit your life, not the other way round :)

I think it's right that it's whatever you find best for you, I'm one week in and have been having tesco ultra slim shakes one at lunch one at tea time 200-215 cals each so then I have around 80cals left for cups of tea and that I find it's better if I don't EAT anything coz once I have a little nibble I won't stop! And drink loads of water!

2012willdoit haha I have nooooo trouble having enough calories on my up day haha

Hope you are successful with whatever you try x

Thanks guys gonna try again tomorrow. Def need to plan my day out more and not do baking on fast days!!!! X

You just need to find how down day works best for you x

Back