good excuses..????

emz.is.shrinkin

on the shrink.!!
hey all,

im going to a friends 40th birthday party next sat and need a good excuse as to why im not drinking. (i am usually the one at the bar all nite lol..!!)
diets such as CD are not really heard of much or understood here in ireland. theres actually only 2 CDCs in the whole of the north. we're a nation of spud lovers lol. and when i tell people i'm on a diet they tell me not to be silly as 'ur fine the way u are'...grrrr..!!

so i dont wanna tell people im on a diet and i def dont want to tell them im on CD. and our wee local bar doesnt sell coke zero so im stuck that way.

all i can think of is to tell them im recovering from a kidney infection and can only drink water (even fizzy water??) i hate telling fibs but the sheer mention of 'shake diet' will open a can of worms. and us irish are renowned for our love of a tipple so i know if i was just to say i was on a diet they'd practically pour it down my throat. whereas if my excuse is medical related it would shut them up straight away lol.

any ideas from any of u guys???

I always used the "I'm on antibiotics" fib and took the car so I couldn't be temped.. Hope u have a wonderful time :) x

thanks girls i was kinda thinking along those lines. if i say im on antibiotics and its for a kidney infection then surely i can get away with drinking water all nite, maybe even fizzy water?? xxx

I am ALWAYS the designated driver... that way no one WANTS me to drink! (And, if I wasn't on a diet - I'd have to really trust the person who was the DD).

I would use the "It's a health issue" answer -- which isn't a lie.

MM

when i did LL, i didnt draw any attention to what i was drinking and no one ever noticed. i had fizzy water in a nice style glass and if anyone offered me a drink i just said thank u but i have one :) it worked a treat and no one ever knew!!! good luck and hope u have a fab night x

I'd maybe use the anti biotics thing but I would lie about what it was for. Keep it simple. No one will give you an inquisition about what's wrong but if you get too specific that can open up a whole host of other questions x

Another vote for the antibiotics here - I'd probably go with they're for a tooth abcess (there's an antibiotic beginning with M that is often prescribed for a bad abcess and which has a really bad reaction if taken with alcohol), I could then say that my mouth was still a bit sore & so I wasn't eating as too painful to chew.

It's called metronidazole. (currently taking it for an infected wisdom tooth) :-(

Depends on when you'll have to see these people next though. If its soon Id be less specific.

at a recent party I said it was my new year's resolution to give up drinking, and "detox" It also served as a great excuse for me to avoid the buffet too :)

blood tests... cant drink when you have blood test in the morn.

no one will push u if they think u have to get bloods taken in the morn. xx

thanks for all the replies girlies.

think i'll go with the antibiotics one. all my closest friends are going to be there and they'd know straight away if i did something out of character. im always the one at the bar on a nite out, ordering a round of shots etc. and none of them know im on CD. just OH and my mammy. so gonna have to tell a little porkie to get thru the nite. but it should work okay. actually looking forward to getting the glad rags on and having a wee boogie xxx

Back