Good Puds

lexximon

So people, I need me some inspiration for delicious puddings please! What works? What fails? Give us yr recipes!:eat:

Thread moved to recipe forum

I would also be interested in this. Ive never been a massive fan of yogurts and fruit just doesn't hit the spot sometimes.

I did find a recipe for slimming world brownies that I'm going to try at some point. I'll let you know how it goes.

I don't always have dessert but sometimes I just crave something sweet after a meal

So people, I need me some inspiration for delicious puddings please! What works? What fails? Give us yr recipes!:eat:

I know what you mean. Sometimes fruit, jelly and yoghurt doesn't quite do it!

I found a palatable mini chocolate brownie recipe online which counts for 1/2 a syn each (including the choc/quark icing!). They are tiny but 2 or three on top of a big pile of strawberries or with a cup of tea feels far more naughty than it is....

6 eggs (separated)
150g splenda (I used 120g cos I find too much sweetener leaves an aftertaste for me)
60g cocoa powder (not hot choc powder)
1tsp vanilla essence
Frylight

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, spray a baking tin (approx 6inches square) with frylight and line it with greaseproof paper.
Whisk the egg whites 'til they form stiff peaks.

In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, sweetener, vanilla essence and cocoa. Whisk it together til its combined well (if its hard to whisk together add a little of the egg white mixture to loosen it so it's easier to stir). Next gently fold in the egg whites (remember its the air in the egg whites that makes the brownie rise), pour into the tin and bake for approx 25mins (til it's firm and a skewer comes out clean).

This is optional but for a frosting to go on top - mix together 4 tbsp of Quark, 2 tbsp of cocoa, 2 tbsp of sweetner and 1 of vanilla essence. Spread over the cooled brownie block.

Cut up into small squares - if you cut it into 25 this makes the tiny bites 1/2 a syn each!

Hope you like them!

Yup fruit n yoghurt is lovely, but when yr having it every day it gets a bit bland :/
I tried to make my own meringues the other day with Splenda instead of sugar. Needless to say they went horribly wrong..... ;)

I absoltely love the chocolate tofu pudding/mousse recipe from this website. There is a similar version in the latest Oct SW maggie, but it has higher syns as dark chocolate is involved. I've adapted the minimins recipes, so it is 2 tbsp cocoa and 1 Bourneville highlight. Scrummy!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back