Goodthings calorie counting to maintain

Hi

I have been reading the diaries and posts on the calorie counting board for awhile but wasn't sure whether to post much as I am no longer losing weight but I have thought now that I am calorie counting, just to maintain and not to lose. I know I will gain and lose within a few pounds because of holidays, birthday, Christmas and life in general so a diary will help keep me on the straight and narrow.

Straight and narrow after this weekend though as it's my hen weekend part 1! It's come round so fast!

I am not worried about gaining though as I have lost 3lbs in the last 3 weeks when I had my last dress fitting so I need to gain 2-3lbs back anyway so I am having a weekend off trying to maintain. Perfect timing as now I can just really enjoy my weekend.

I am off to Liverpool tomorrow and back on Sunday. I can't wait to have a fab night with just my best 4 friends.

I am having part 2 next weekend with about 15 girls just an Ann Summers party at my flat (I used to rep parties myself but this will be someone else which will be great) then hitting the local town.

I am really annoyed though as one of my friend dropped out today at 1.30 as she has to work on Sunday and the train wont arrive back to where we live on time. It's not her fault but we're not getting married until 29th July and I was having my hen night this early especially for her as it was supposed to be her only weekend off before the wedding. Never mind I will still have a fantastic weekend.

All that keeps running through my mind is I best be careful as I don't want to gain weight and even though I need to gain it back I am scared to as I haven't gained any weight since last August when I started lighterlife. It's all in my head I know and even if I did need to lose more weight I still want to enjoy my hen night so I got to talk myself out of this mindset before tomorrow.

I best most people have given up reading by now ha ha

I certainly haven't given up reading! Hi and welcome :)
I think it is just as important to maintain your weight once you have reached your goal as it is to lose it in the first place, so I think you are definitley in the right place.
Congrats on the wedding. I was reading with much interest as I am maid of honour to my best friend in October (one of the reasons I want to lose weight) and it is my job to arrange the hen do. I have never done it before, so whenever a hen night is mentioned my ears prick up. :D
She wants the whole hog for hers. Printed T-shirts, L plates and a stripper! Its not my cup of tea, but its her night so I shall do as she wishes. Sounds like you are going to have a fab weekend and the Ann Summers party sounds like a real giggle.
I look forward to reading more.
XXX

I have the tshirts and I am pretty sure my bridesmaids have planned a stripper for next weekend at the party. I don't want a stripper as I don't really enjoy all attention on me still but they really want one and I'm not that against it that I would ruin their fun ha ha

Congratulations on the wedding! :) I think I'll be reading this a lot cos maintaining is one of the things I am worried about. I just keep hearing people put it back on again. Good luck :)

Hi, pleased I have found your diary. I am almost at goal and weirdly I am dreading reaching it in a way.
You look like you are doing a great job :)

I was really dreading it. I done lighterlife for 4 months and lost 4 stone with just strawberry and banana shakes and a bar a day and nothing to drink but water. I couldn't eat anything else as the soups gave me heartburn. It wasn't easy but I stuck to it 100% and got the main bulk off.

Then I calorie counted and lost a further 2 stone 3lbs.

That extra 3lbs needs to go back on until after my wedding (then I will get it back off again as I like the way I am just now).

It isn't easy to maintain but my problem is I keep losing weight. I tried to maintain after losing the initial 4 stone as I was happy then but just kept losing and as I wasn't unhappy with losing more I just thought sod it I will lose more and be even happier as it's a lot easier to lose weight calorie counting than on Lighterlife. Well not easier as on lighterlife I lost 3lbs every week and on calorie counting it's 2 (now 1 as I do eat a lot more as I am trying to maintain) but easier on the cravings ha ha.

I think subconsciously I have wanted to lose a little more after my dress fitting though for my hen weekend as I don't want to have to worry about gaining and getting into the dress ha ha. If I gain an extra couple lbs on top of the 3 it wont matter as I know I can lose them easily in a couple weeks if I try.

I know after this weekend and weigh in I will need to start eating more to maintain but it's not easy when I do eat quite a bit already, 3 meals and snacks and it's not all healthy or all low calorie. I now just have a balanced diet and feel like I can eat like this for the rest of my life.

I think I am going to have to put peanut butter on my toast instead of marmite and so on to up the calories without actually eating more.

I am getting there though. I do have a takeaway once a week still I just don't hardly ever drink as I have found that's what makes me gain weight (only water weight though but I don't like the bloated feeling).

I will be drinking lots tonight though and eating lots ha ha.

If anyone ever has any questions on maintaining then ask away. I'm not an expert though, I only know from my short experience.

I do maintain some weeks now I just haven't gained yet so this does worry me a bit even though I need to lose it which is
stupid of me but hey ho.

Another long essay from me ha ha

Well I am now going to eat my bacon sarnie and get my train to Liverpool for a weekend of fun with my bridesmaids

Have a great one everyone

Mmm can't believe you have to fit in take aways and stuff haha. Was wondering, how many calories do you aim to eat now that you are maintaining? Have a good hen do! :D

Enjoy ur henweekend and don't do anything I wouldn't......which doesn't exclude much haha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I aim to eat eat 1500 calories (more when exercise). The reason I have to have a take away or something with loads of calories is because usually I only hit 1350-1400 a day (plus exercise calories).

I am only 5ft tall so I don't need to eat lots and I get full really quickly so have to eat 3 not too big meals and snacks every 4 hours or so (in waking hours). If I try and eat bigger meals I am sick as my stomach just can't handle very much anymore.

I had a fantastic hen weekend. I did drink ALOT although I didn't eat loads and loads but what I did eat was total junk.

On Saturday I had a grilled bacon sandwich with the fat cut off. Then I had 2 medium size hot ring doughnuts off the van. Then I had burger and chips at revolution. I did also buy chips when drunk but put them down after having 1 and forgot to pick them up again and just left them. I did drink loads though, I can't even guess how much.

I don't get hangovers so I can't even blame yesterdays eating on that ha ha. I had another grilled bacon sandwich and half a chow mein and half a portion of chips from the chinese. I did only drink water yeaterday though

Sounds like you were still pretty sensible even with all the temptation. You could have gone way off track, but to me it seems like you were thinking about what you were eating. Well done, don't think I could be that controlled.

Hope you had a fab time. Did they organise a stripper, or is that the next one?

if they have it will be this Friday on home territory ha ha.

I didn't eat loads but I did drink ALOT and alcohol makes me retain water.

I do need to gain 2-3lbs back though and have it stay (if it's only water retention I know it will be gone after a few days).

Gaining back scares me as I don't want to gain back too much. I don't want to yo yo the same 2/3lbs over and over. I wont mind so much after the wedding losing and gaining a few lbs but it's making me nervous as I still have 6 and a half weeks left until the big day and I know I could easily lose more weight if I am not strict on myself (I could lose another stone and not be too thin, I'm a small size 10 now but an 8 for my height would be fine too)

I was careful yesterday and will be today too as I wont weigh in until Wednesday night at my LL weigh in so I don't want to think that it's ok to carry on just in case I gain too much.

I think I may start listing what I am eating so I know to eat more on the weeks I lose and the weeks I stay the same I know what to aim for.

Monday 13th June:

breakfast - apple (I don't eat a lot for breakfast as my stomache can't handle anything much first thing but I want to make sure I eat something)

lunch - twiglets and a wholemeal sandwich with extra light laughing cow triangle

dinner - 2 morrisons beef grills, carrots, brocolli and new potatoes boiled and then roasted with a few sprays of 1 cal oil. I also had some bisto gravy

snacks - cherries and a packet of beef hula hoops. Oh and as I want to be 100% honest on this diary a small stick of strawberry licquorice, a jelly baby and a fizzy cherry sweet.

drinks - water all day and 2 cans of coke zero in the evening

Tuesday 14th June:

I feel really bad starting this today as I haven't eaten hardly anything today as I only remembered to bring my sandwich to work.

breakfast - apple

lunch - wholemeal sandwich with an extra light laughing cow triangle

plan for dinner - 2 sausages (full fat ones for a change), 3 egg omelette, 2 rashers of bacon with the fat cut off and maybe one slice of wholemeal toast

plan for snacks - packet of beef hula hoops, handful of nuts and raisins and a hob nob bar.

drinks - water all day and coke zero in the evening

Goodluck i can't wait to getting back to maintaining it is the hardest part i find!! I once lost 3 and a half stone by calorie counting and found the hardest part maintaining (Managed just over two years before becoming complacent and gaining 2 stone opps!!) so now having around a stone to lose again im back and looking to get this stone off and will continue like you to post to help me stay on track maintaining!! Goodluck hun you can do it :)

Pleased you had a great w/e!!

I may have lots of questions for you soon, maintaining sure looks complicated :)

Thanks everyone. That's why I am still going to count calories Kirsty, as I'm worried about gaining it all back again

Maintaining is defintely full of ups and downs.

I will post my food for the day tonight as I'm seeing my dad tonight so don't know if we will eat out or if I will eat at home.

After eating crap all weekend (Friday night, all of Saturday and all of Sunday) and drinking enough to sink the titanic on Saturday night (not with diet drinks either) I got weighed last night and have stayed the same. Must have been all that water I drank from being dehydrated on Sunday, either that or the gain is delayed and will pop on in a few days ha ha.

Although I stayed the same at my weigh in yesterday foodwise it was not a good day at all. I had apple, wholemeal sandwich and twiglets for lunch and then as I didn't gain any weight when I had tried to my brain told me that it was ok to get chips from the chippy and a battered sausage. I didn't eat anything else though so still within calories but still.....

Today I had:

breakfast - apple

lunch - apple and wholemeal sandwich

dinner - chicken and broccoli lattice with roast potatoes (pre packed with caorie info on the packet) and salad

snacks - beef hula hoops and a few sweets.

drinks - water all day and coke zero in evening

That's great you got a STS. Don't worry about chippy tea, I'm sure you'll make up for it in the week. :)

STS is better than gaining, so don't be hard on yourself. Its only 1 chippy tea hun, you will soon burn that off. Keep your chin up :D xxx

I wanted to gain ha ha!

No seriously I need to gain 2/3 lbs in the next 2 weeks as I had my final dress fitting 4 weeks ago when I was at the weight I want to be and have lost 3lbs since. My dress wont really let me gain or lose any weight and I collect it in 2 weeks. I can't afford for them to have to slightly adjust it again.

I don't want to lose any more weight as I am at goal so I wasn't worried about the chippy tea for weight gain as I was still under my maintenance calories, it's just because I don't like eating junk in the week.

I'm a healthy size and weight (within a healthy BMI) now and don't want to go any lower as it wont suit my huge 32FF boobs!

If I lose weight this week then I'm going to cry! If I stay the same I can cope with it but ideally I need to gain a couple pounds.

The reason I find it so difficult to gain is because I am still so strict on myself as my head is a bit messed up as it doesn't want to gain. I like seeing the scales go down every week but I can't keep doing it. I need to learn that eating more wont make me gain 10 stone.

I wanted to gain ha ha!

No seriously I need to gain 2/3 lbs in the next 2 weeks as I had my final dress fitting 4 weeks ago when I was at the weight I want to be and have lost 3lbs since. My dress wont really let me gain or lose any weight and I collect it in 2 weeks. I can't afford for them to have to slightly adjust it again.

I don't want to lose any more weight as I am at goal so I wasn't worried about the chippy tea for weight gain as I was still under my maintenance calories, it's just because I don't like eating junk in the week.

I'm a healthy size and weight (within a healthy BMI) now and don't want to go any lower as it wont suit my huge 32FF boobs!

If I lose weight this week then I'm going to cry! If I stay the same I can cope with it but ideally I need to gain a couple pounds.

The reason I find it so difficult to gain is because I am still so strict on myself as my head is a bit messed up as it doesn't want to gain. I like seeing the scales go down every week but I can't keep doing it. I need to learn that eating more wont make me gain 10 stone.

Sorry hun. I know you want to gain. Sometimes when I am catching up on the diary entries I go into auto mode. Sorry for messing that one up.

You got to stop being so hard on yourself. I know its easier said than done. You have spent so long being strict to get where you are, and now you have to loosen those reigns. Your head is still in loose weight mode.

You really are an inspiration though. You set yourself a goal and you did it. Will 3lbs make a huge difference to how the dress fits?

Back