Got 16/17 Stone to lose!!

Good luck :)

It stands for - We Mean It This Time :)

hi welcome to the forum and well done on your weight loss so far a fablous loss

xxchezzxx

well done on your great loss and welcome to the group, Em x

Well done on your first loss :) you definitely have yourself going in the right direction x

Mfp tells me I should be having over 2000 cals a day to lose 2lb a week. Bit worried about it! That's alot of cals to have on a diet. What do you guys think? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mfp tells me I should be having over 2000 cals a day to lose 2lb a week. Bit worried about it! That's alot of cals to have on a diet. What do you guys think? Xx

What's mfp?
2000 cals seems a lot but the heavier you are, the more cals it takes to maintain that weight so it makes sense you could get away with more and still lose weight. However, in my particular situation, being insulin resistant and a type II diabetic, I can't just 'reduce cals' and lose weight. It's the type of cals that also make a difference. I have to cut starchy cals to an absolute minimum so when I'm calorie counting I don't have potatoes, rice, bread or pasta. Makes a big difference.

You may be different so it's finding a method that works for you. And don't forget that as your weight reduces, so will the calorie requirement.

You've done great so far - good luck with your continuing journey

RD x

Mfp is myfitnesspal

Im having around 1400 cals a day plus exercise but then as I'm burning cals with exercise my net cals goes way below 1200 a day and someone told me I should have at least 1200 cals to keep my body out of starvation mode but I feel like I'm eating all the time then! X

there is always a debate over number of calories, for me if I go too low my body doesn't seem to like it so due to my weight I tend to stick to 1500-1700 and lose a decent amount each week usually and if I go too low I seem to stop losing but its an each to their own, what suits one person may not suit another, alot depends on what weight you are. Em x

1978Emma said:
there is always a debate over number of calories, for me if I go too low my body doesn't seem to like it so due to my weight I tend to stick to 1500-1700 and lose a decent amount each week usually and if I go too low I seem to stop losing but its an each to their own, what suits one person may not suit another, alot depends on what weight you are. Em x

So if you exercise do you eat back your cals again to keep your net cals up? X

toxicsgrl said:

Hi! Found your diary :)

My MFP allowance is also 2000 a day to lose 1.5 lbs a week - I've only been using it for 11 days but it's worked so far :)

I'd say just try eating what it suggests & see what happens - it's so personal to each body.

I keep thinking my 2000 sounds high but I also know for myself 1500 is too low & I simply can't stick with it!

I also eat back my exercise cals as on the mfp forum somewhere it says they already work in a calorie deficit before giving you your daily allowance to allow you to eat back your exercise cals ... Phew!

CGxx

hi, ive had a 100% week and ive been doing exercise which i wasnt doing last week, but i weighed this morning, and havent lost anything, ive put on about a pound. what the hell is going on?! my official weigh in day is tomorrow, but im dreading it, it feels like im stalling already in week 3.
im going to do some more exercise today and stick to my slim fast plan and hope to god i lose something when i weigh tomorrow coz thats whats been keeping me going! x

toxicsgrl
you will be ok do not worry and remember its the scales even though we do go by them its your measurments

good luck for tomorrow

xxchezzxx

I personally don't adjust my number of calories because of the exercise I am doing although know alot of people do, I tend to be on 1500 -1700 a day so never bother as I think I am having enough calorie wise and as my weight is coming off well at the moment I feel at present this isn't too many calories, I just find if I try and go too low either my body seems to not like it or I feel starving and binge so its better to give myself a bigger allowance in the first place thats more realistic for me to keep to.

Also don't worry about the scales, sometimes we see more of a loss than other times, sometimes we stay at the same weight for a week or so, the body needs time to adjust at times and if you are sticking to your plan and exercising trust me the weight will come off sooner rather than later.

Em xx

hi em thats like me i go for a good walk but forget to have more carbs for energy but if im not hungryi cannot and willnot have it just for the sake off it thats how i got here in the first place

xxchezzxx

hi, ive had a 100% week and ive been doing exercise which i wasnt doing last week, but i weighed this morning, and havent lost anything, ive put on about a pound. what the hell is going on?! my official weigh in day is tomorrow, but im dreading it, it feels like im stalling already in week 3.
im going to do some more exercise today and stick to my slim fast plan and hope to god i lose something when i weigh tomorrow coz thats whats been keeping me going! x

It happens, we have great losses the first couple of weeks and then after that our body starts to get used to the changes in our life style. You have to not let it dishearten you, pick yourself back up and carry on. This is personally when I prefer to go to a slimming group, if I have a week like that I can get advice / support and help find what I did wrong and the weight falls back off the following week.
Things like the dreaded ''time of the month'' or a lack of fibre in our diet can make a difference, I found that last week actually.

How are you finding it this week? Just remember how amazing you have done so far, don't let 1lb defeat you! x

Back