Got a mass load to loose

mothertiggy

Hi i am 35 mum of 2 and want to loose about 8-9 stone
At the moment i am trying to be good and watch what i eat ..but am having trouble getting motivated especially since i asked my gp for help and advice and he just didn't seem to care :( i thought they where supposed to help ....anyway i joind this forum to get inspired by other people and wow some have done well ....
I am not any special diet just low fat and healthy eating as i want this to be long term change ...seem alot of people on here do shake diets i have tried them but just dont get on well with them as soon as i stop using them the weight goes on again and the main problem for me there is the cost of them !!!! i dont have that kind of money to spend

Well it is nice to meet you both and maybe we can keep each other up to date on our progress .....i have splashed out this afternoon and bought myself a treadmill (had to be a heavy duty one due to weight ....why does excersice equipment have low max weights ??) i found one on a local selling sight cheapish :rolleyes: and plan to use it to help me along
As for doctor mine is the same its your weight ...but he refused/uninterested in helping me gggrrrr no win

Hi mothertiggy, I can totally understand the gp thing, I have finally got a lovely female gp but its taken years and years to even find one that gives a toss, the one I have now is younger and so helpful and understanding but in the past I have had one crappy one after another, each one making me feel like crap because of my size, makes me see red!!

Diet wise I am with you, I have tried the vlcd but for me they just don't work long term, I want and need a change in lifestyle, something that I can keep up and thats what I am doing, I am not on a set plan just healthy eating with no more than 150g of carb a day which I guess makes it moderate carb diet and calories between 1500 - 1700 and its working wonders, I have lost 1 st 11 lbs in 6 weeks on it and not having to starve myself to lose weight really makes me feel better! I also have planned meals out, have had three in the six week period and enjoyed each one, don't believe in the no treats thing, should be all about moderation!

Anyway to me it sounds like you are wanting to do the lifestyle change thing and you are wanting to tackle it in a healthy way so good on you, this part of minimins is so supportive so I am sure you will get the support you need here as we all have large amounts of weight to lose.

Em xx

Thank you for the kind words 1978Emma i do believe i am going to do it this time ,i will prove i dont need the docs help !!!
I have started using the treadmill its only been 2 days but have been doing a good steady pace walking 3 miles a day (takes me about an hour at the moment) ...i will keep this up as although i am knackered after i do feel proud of myself for doing it :)
Will keep my blog updated on progress week by week (if i remember i am a bit forgetful lol)

Thank you for the kind words 1978Emma i do believe i am going to do it this time ,i will prove i dont need the docs help !!!
I have started using the treadmill its only been 2 days but have been doing a good steady pace walking 3 miles a day (takes me about an hour at the moment) ...i will keep this up as although i am knackered after i do feel proud of myself for doing it :)
Will keep my blog updated on progress week by week (if i remember i am a bit forgetful lol)

Well done on the treadmill. They scare me a little :S lol

Doctors are awful when it comes to weight. AWFUL!
I pretty much had to cry to get a tablet that I ended up not taking because of the side effects. They just don't seem to care / get it when someone is over weight.. Funny though because food is an addiction, you think they would?!?! More my field of work though that what a gp has to offer - MEDICATION!

There are so many tips on low calorie low fat stuff on this site, you will succeed without a doubt! :)
Delighted for you that you are off to a good start and I hope everything works out for you :)

Thats very sweet hun ..its nice to be in a place where people are going through or understand how someone feels and not just have the "well dont eat so muc" attitude :)

oh well done mothertiggy on the treadmill thing, it doesn't matter if you have to take it steady the thing is you are doing it, that is what counts, trust me I walk my dog two or three times a day and in the past I have been told that is not proper exercise as well I don't go to the gym, but I think everything counts, plus when I walk up the slopes yeah I looked wacked afterwards as I just carried my body weight up them but I did it and that is what matters for sure! Em xx

I agreed some doctors only see the weight and not you. I'm lucky as my doctor is very supportive and doesn't put everything down to my weight.

Hi I'd love to lose about 8 stone, I'm just popping in to support you on your journey x

Wow it sounds like a whole load of GPs are taught the same thing - being fat causes everything from the common cold to a broken leg!
My Gp is exactly the same he once turned round to me and said "you do realise that you are morbidly obese don't you?" I just said yes I do have mirrors but I need help. His reply " you need to eat less". Oh and the practise nurse who said and I quote " the reason you are fat is because you're greedy and lazy!"

However on here it looks like we'll get the support we need :)

I wish you the best of luck on your journey it sounds like you've made a fab start :D

exactly shrinking-sarah, so many gps and nurses have so little insight yet feel they are the all knowing being and can spout off crap at you just because you are big, I have finally got a lovely lady gp who has much more insight into emotional eating and eating disorders in general and is much more understanding of my struggles but in the past I have seen so many dire ones and been told by one to just eat lettuce, yeah right! and others have just looked at me like I am something on the bottom of their shoes because of my weight, its heart breaking that someone in such a position can be so unkind. Em

Hello all its is nice to see its not just me who has problems with her gp....anyway just wanted to post that week 1 for me is done and i have lost 6lb so i am out of the 23's and into the 22's :) i will keep doing what i am and popping in regular x

Well done that's a amazing loss x
Thank you ..reading things on here and seeing others going through the same is really helping whenever i tried before i always felt alone (if that dont sound to strange ? ) but now i feel i can pop in here and have a look and see others doing the same ...everyone is great :)

I know what you mean, I'm the biggest of nearly all my friends, they are so slim and my couple of mates bigger than me have no interest in losing weight which is great if they are happy and they are. But I'm not, and since joining here I've realised I can do it, it might just be a little harder than I expected x

Yay mothertiggy thats great, put a congratulations message on another post , you are doing really well, 6 lbs is such a fab start! and out of the 23's must be great, I know when I got out the 22's and 21's I was mega happy and hopefully in the next two weeks or so I can say goodbye to the 20's, each goal like that can help to motivate us to keep going. Em xx

Thank you so much 1978emma yes it do feel good to be out of the 23s :) even if only just haha .....
It is great to be getting so much support and i can see you are doing fantastic also ..hope i can keep it going like you are x

thanks mothertiggy, I personally find logging on to minimins helps me so much as each week is different, sometimes I feel mega positive and motivated and other times I am so low and want to binge because I am struggling with things in life and I think this forum has made such a difference to my life as I find just logging on and being inspired by how everyone is doing helps me to keep going. I can imagine being out the 23's must feel good, I know when I finally got under the 22's for the first time I was so happy, they are all milestones we need to cross and the more we cross the nearer we will be to our goal. I know I have a hell of a long way to go but that is why I place such an emphasis on celebrating every loss as its just that bit nearer each time, Em xx

Back