Got date for first meeting for Gastric Band yippeee

Hi All

I'm of yeyyyy heyyy:bliss::wee::party0049::greenapple:

Sorry got carried away!

I have my first appointment at Spire on 21st Feb to meet with the Bariatric Nurse at a forum that is a requirement before meeting Mr Ammouri.

Has anyone else attended this and what can I expect?

Apparently I will also have a health check and advice on Gastric Band Surgery.

I now feel like I am on my journey after reading all your diarys and advice for soooo long (slight exaggeration) but I really am grateful for all the help and advice I have had on here of all you lovely people.:thankyou:

Last edited:
Gastric band is extremeee! Good luck!
The woman in the back of the slimming world magazine was going to do surgery, but stuck to sw and lost over 8st in 13months. Do you not want to do that? :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck. I know there 's someone else on here who has had one (really sorry, I have a brain like a sieve and can't remember who!) who may be able to give advice on eating after/combining with SW. xx

wowee!! good luck, its a long hard slog but yo will get there, well done for being so brave!!

Baby Jayne, did you know you posted this in the Slimming World forum? Are you currently following SW? If not you might be better asking a Moderator to move this thread to the Surgical weight loss forum where loads of people in your situation can help and advise you.

Congratulations on getting to the next step for your band, good luck with it all x

I had a gastric band fitted in March last year. Following the SW plan with some slight changes - like not eating the quantities and its working for me!
PM me if you would like some more information Hun, although I had mine done privately I am more than sure that I can give you the advice etc that you need.

Take care and fantastic news that you have your date set!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Back