Got no more money :(

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by chocolatecat, 8 January 2010 Social URL.

1. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hubby and I have just sat down and did our next months budget and factoring in everything I can't afford to do CD once I run out of packs. It works out too much for our food budget.

It's OK though, I've still got my momentum and so as not to pile the weight back on I will wean myself off over the weekend up til Tuesday.

I will have to go on eating low carb/high protein/low sugar/low GI and portion control with multivits to keep in ketosis but it is do-able with research and planning! CD is not the only option! It will just take a little longer :(

I will be moving over to the calorie counting/low carb etc sections so good luck to all of you and thanks for the good advice this week :) I will keep coming by to check you all out periodically and see how you're doing!

Happy slimming xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ClaireMelanie

ClaireMelanie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Aah, I know how you feel though. I don't think I'll be doing it for too long. It's a lot out of a weekly nudget. I've heard really good things about a low GI diet, so I'm sure you'll do great xx

4. markemkat

markemkat Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.67%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Good luck whatever you decide to do. We all know what works for us and what we should/ shouldn't eat but we don't follow it so we end on plans like CD.
    You will be extra determined now - especially with a budget!
    Good luck x

5. NumNums

NumNums Becca

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(14.67%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Good luck with whichever plan you decide to take hun. Pop back and see us sometime x

6. truffleshuffle

truffleshuffle Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Awww good luck choc hun, I think i spend about £35 on food for myself anyway a week at least at asda so it has balanced itself out for us!

Pop back and keep in touch! Good luck with the slimming x x

7. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    I'm going to add my best wishes and hope you manage to find a solution - but would add that if you're planning to eat high protein, surely that's going to add up to a sizeable amount of money on your weekly shop? I know that when I was doing Atkins, I spent a fortune on low carb food (and I don't mean Atkins-type products, I mean meat etc).

Not to put a downer on things, but it's going to be pretty difficult to find a way of doing a fully balanced diet that's high protein and low calorie. CD and similar high profile VLCDs have been formulated after years of research into finding exactly the right levels of nutrients for the lowest number of calories. It's really not that easy to do - otherwise we'd all be doing it, wouldn't we?

I know that CD seems expensive, but I'm not sure that it's going to be more cost effective coming up with your own low carb / low calorie plan.

Take care hun. Remember that at the end of the day, your health is more important than any weight loss you might achieve.

8. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    good luck chocolatecat, your nickname always made me smile (given that I like chocolate and cats)
    I can see that you and hubby have carefully done your maths but it might to your surprise be the same or cheaper to consider again CD, as multi-vits can sometimes be pricey

Best wishes x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.