Got some left over rice...any ideas?

Sw chicken fried rice! Yum! Stir fry up rice with come cooked chicken, egg, soy sauce and veggies like peas, carrot, peppers!

Or you could do a rice pudding. Found a really nice one on a website. I'll put the recipe below:

Baked White Chocolate Rice PuddingSlimming Eats RecipeServes 4Extra Easy – 1 HEa + 2.5 syns per servingGreen – 1 HEa + 2.5 syns per servingIngredients
  • 1 cup of uncooked short grain/pudding rice
  • (4x180mls) of Whole Milk (4 HEa’s)
  • 40g of Options White Chocolate Powder (8 syns)
  • Sweetener to taste
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 2 teaspoons of light brown sugar (1.5 syns)
MethodPreheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4Add the rice to a saucepan filled with 2 cups (480ml) of boiling hot water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cover with a lid, simmer until all water is almost absorbed, turn off heat and leave for 10 mins with lid still on so that steam continues to cook rice until nice and fluffy.In a jug mix the milk with the white chocolate options.Scrape some seeds out from the vanilla pod and add this to the milk.Place the rice an oven proof dish and pour in the milk and mix to combine. Add some sweetener to taste. (I find it sweet enough for me without, but some may prefer it sweeter)Top with the vanilla pod and sprinkle over the top with the light brown sugar.Bake in the oven for approx 1 hour, until rice is set and lightly golden on top.Serve as is or with your choice of fruit.If you prefer a traditional style unbaked rice pudding. You can skip the oven process and instead just gently warm in a saucepan until milk thickens.If you want this to serve more or less people, you can double up, or half the recipe.

Its worth saving the healthy A to be able to have this in an evening. Its lush. xx

Oh sounds delish! Hardly seems right to ve able to have something like that while"on a diet" gotta live slimming world!

Oh sounds delish! Hardly seems right to ve able to have something like that while"on a diet" gotta live slimming world!

Absolutely!! :) and the rice pudding - i do it in the pan rather than baked (its a bit creamier that way) and i add cinnamon and some nutmeg - yum yum yum. Lol. :D

Back