Here we go again!

ladybird777

Silver Member
I deleted my last diary cos it was a train crash of failed fasting attempts followed by sts for months and it depressed me reading it. Life has been extremely stressful and got even worse since Christmas. I've gained 7 lb in the past week eating rubbish and quaffing wine. Keep that up and I'll be back to square one in less than 2 months. It's a terrifying thought, not least cos all my fat clothes have left the building. :p How come it takes weeks to lose 7lb but 7 days to gain it?

Every diet I attempt ends up the same. I only eat at night. It's the amount I eat that determines if I lose or not so off I go again. I'm going to do a version of Fast 5 and keep my calories within 1,200 on weekdays and 1,700 on Saturdays and Sundays. My window will be from 6 until 11. No booze except Saturday night. Also I need to get off my arse. Hoovering is not exercise, neither is cleaning out animals. I've changed my target so I'll be less complacent. Nearly there with me tends to make me sit back rather than carry on.

Thanks Kittybling. So far so good. It's taken the stress out of things which is always good. I have tea and I'm full until the next tea time.

Good luck! For me I'm fine on fast days until 6pm, but for some reason the thought of it puts me off more than actually doing it!

Today's food:-
Sunday is a upper calorie day so
Two hard boiled eggs I boiled yesterday. I like them cold with salt.
home baked skinny muffin
handful of Cashew nuts
Omelette with peppers, mushrooms, red onion and ham. T' was disgusting, never again. I dumped most of it.

I've decided I really hate omelettes but dd was filming in the kitchen ALL day for a uni project so getting near the oven was impossible. This means my calories were 572 and it was supposed to be a 1,700 day. Must try harder but feel sick now.

Todays food:-

hard boiled eggs, lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, beetroot, apple and red onion.

Muffin made with mashed banana and coconut flour. Cue crippling stomach ache. I think coconut flour is the culprit as bananas are fine normally.
Calories 407
Not enough but I'll see if I feel better later.

Gosh that's not a lot of calories over the last 2 days...I'd be starving!! It's hard if you're not feeling like eating though x

No it's not enough really. :sigh: Today was slightly better coming in around 700 so far. I'm just not hungry. I think it's cos I've cut out carbs. Carbs make me hungry. If stop eating them it kills my appetite stone dead cos there's no sugar spike for an insulin release. My ds has carb free meals when he's fed up of injecting insulin but we don't do it often cos of his age he needs carbs. xx

Must admit I love my carbs!! :eat:

Last time I did low carb I really missed them but this time I'm not bothered. Bread's always made me a bit belchy anyway, pasta goes through me like a porsche and, to me, potatoes are tasteless....so... maybe this time I'll stay off them a bit.

Carbs? My epic ( for me :p) loss was cos I had very few carbs. In fact I had zero most days. I'm not a potato or pasta monster but after a week of eating meat, minimal veg, hardboiled eggs and only blueberries I am bored. So bored I ate two pieces of pizza today, a large bowl of fresh fruit salad and half fat creme fraiche and 4 skinny muffins and am now eyeing up a bar of chocolate. I feel a binge coming on. Unless I cut carbs doing Fast 5 I won't lose. The only way for me to lose and eat carbs is to go back to fasting 24-36 hours 2-3 times a week. Have to decide......

Back