Here we go again!

Fantastic loss :D x Couldn't you have some carbs in your fast 5 window but measure them? If I try and cut something out it just makes me want it more and more :rolleyes: If you keep an eye on your calories it shouldn't matter what they come from you should still lose weight with a calorie deficit. Or if you've been dieting for a while and your body is super sensitive to the slightest increase why not give it a break, eat at TDEE for a couple of weeks and start again. I don't know if I wholly agree with the theory of a metabolism reset but it can have good results apparently. And after it people start losing while being able to eat more calories than they did previously. Everyone should be able to eat at around their BMR and still lose weight or I think it shows something is out of sync. I'm a big believer of eating as much as possible while still losing weight. You know your own body best of course, just an idea! :) x

Fantastic loss :D x Couldn't you have some carbs in your fast 5 window but measure them? If I try and cut something out it just makes me want it more and more :rolleyes: If you keep an eye on your calories it shouldn't matter what they come from you should still lose weight with a calorie deficit. Or if you've been dieting for a while and your body is super sensitive to the slightest increase why not give it a break, eat at TDEE for a couple of weeks and start again. I don't know if I wholly agree with the theory of a metabolism reset but it can have good results apparently. And after it people start losing while being able to eat more calories than they did previously. Everyone should be able to eat at around their BMR and still lose weight or I think it shows something is out of sync. I'm a big believer of eating as much as possible while still losing weight. You know your own body best of course, just an idea! :) x

I miss granary bread. :eating: I'm in a quandary really. I can't commit to doing long fasts but losing has become an huge effort. I know I hardly reached 1,000 calories a day to get the 5 lb off and I'm rowing and walking miles everyday too. I'm a bit worried that intermittent fasting for over a year has done something permanent to my metabolism. I hope not. I think the re-set idea is a good one. I just need to work out my TDDE now. :) I'm not good at cutting out food groups. Like you as soon as I can't have it I want. Even if I never bothered before. Today's been bitty.

I had:-
Yogurt with blueberries
4 oatcakes - dry with nothing on. Why? Too bono to find any spread lol
a handful of crisps off dd's birthday buffet table
3 carrot sticks with dip on them
shaving off birthday cake
bite of granary bread.
no idea of calories but can't be more than 700

I know people who have harshly dieted and had to reduce and reduce calories to less than the recommended minimum amount (..myself included!) in order to continue losing weight do seem to end up that just looking at food causes a gain. I think it's because your body is so good at adapting from whatever, even small amount, you give it. It constantly feels under threat. I think the reset lets your body realise it can relax as it is getting everything it needs day in day out and rights itself again. A small gain in the short term eating at TDEE could lead to a healthier amount of calories needed afterwards when losing weight and when maintaining. But that's just my theory and I'm sure people can/will pick holes in it. All I do know is that at one time I couldn't lose weight eating at less than 1000 calories and now I can average 1500-1600 and have good losses. Wouldn't recommend years of pigging out to right your system like I did :rolleyes:.. but maybe a few weeks at TDEE. Good luck with whatever you decide x

I agree Ali :) that's why I like fasting...it enables me to eat "normally" some days which I'm sure helps you lose weight as your body isn't fighting it. Good luck, whatever you choose!

Thanks Ali and Ninja. I am going to go back to IF after a couple of weeks eating at TDEE. It's too easy to extend my eating window doing Fast 5. Yet another crisis has loomed - this time DD has to have a major op and will miss her exams and work placement experiences she needed apply for uni this December. She's the 4th of my family to have medical issues and life threatening conditions since January. Basically one a month, I am paranoid about who's next. :( TDEE is 1,834 cos I did the lightly active setting. It will give me a breather to get over this latest crisis too.

Thanks, Ali. It's not going well. 5lb back on after two days of eating to TDEE so carrying that on is not an option.. My jeans are starting to feel uncomfy now. Feel like throwing the scales in the bin as they give a different reading depending on where they are. I think I'm over thinking it all the time now. xx

It'll just be glycogen stores refilling and a bit of bloat...impossible for it to be real weight. Why not do your TDEE at sedentary level or even eat your BMR as a minimum? It's not nice to gain but you won't keep on gaining. Your body needs time to adjust after dieting for so long. It's in panic mode thinking hang on to everything you eat as it's scared it will get short rations the next day like before...prove it wrong and keep giving it everything it needs and it will relax and things will stabilise. And stop weighing...don't let your mood be dictated by a number on a scale. Easy to say I know! Stick at it and it'll work out. A bit of continuity can work wonders instead of chopping and changing. You don't want to have to diet forever and the reset could make that possible. xx :bighug:

Thank you Ali :) You are such a great support. xx I know you are right cos the 5lb went the next day. I'm carrying on and seeing how it goes. I think my poor body is so fed up of the chopping and changing it doesn't know what to expect and eating within normal limits for a few weeks will help get back on track. The scales are a pain. I've shoved them under the chest to drawers and put my rowing machine in front so I can't keep getting them out. OH offered to take hammer to them. :) He's changed his tune cos he says I look great as I am and somehow that's made it easier for me to keep going. :)

Just had surreal moment there cos I thought I'd been answering the wrong person. Phew, now I've worked it out. :eek: I'm eating what I want without counting too much and allowing a few treats along the way. I'm not weighing until Saturday. I feel more relaxed about food now which is good. xx

Just had surreal moment there cos I thought I'd been answering the wrong person. Phew, now I've worked it out. :eek: I'm eating what I want without counting too much and allowing a few treats along the way. I'm not weighing until Saturday. I feel more relaxed about food now which is good. xx
Yes..name change :D That's great that you're feeling more relaxed. I think we can all be far too hard on ourselves at times. You CAN lose weight and be kind to yourself at the same time I believe. xx

Hope things are going well for you x

Thanks Weebuns. It's been difficult here. OH and I have called time on our 16 year marriage and are selling the house and going our separate ways. In some respects it's a relief cos at least the war has ended and in others I just wish it was all over with. Until the house is on the market then actually sold no one can move on. Weight wise I'm a bit up but back to it today. xx

Sorry to hear that ladybird. It's never easy when a relationship breaks down and I can only imagine how stressful it will be till your house is sold. Always here if you need to vent or offload x :hug99:
Thanks Weebuns. The only upside is I'm nearly at goal. I can hardly eat, mother's in hospital and not expected to live more then a few days too. It's been an awful year. We are pushing the boat out to get on the market in September instead of next spring cos this isn't good for anyone.

Thanks. It's got worse but ex is moving out soon. He didn't want to go until the house was sold which could take forever but I've forced the issue as the atmosphere and his drinking is effecting us all. Once he's actually gone I can start to move on and heal. Being married to an alcoholic for 16 years has really messed me up and I will need a long time to get over it I think.

Been there done that...all the promises "it won't happen again", "I'll change", the hidden bottles and the million "I'm sorry" s. The constant feeling of unease when you are at a social occasion that yet again they are going to make a scene.The amount of money that is wasted with nothing to show for it but unhappiness. It will get better I promise x You need to put yourself first and make the most of your life :hug99:

Back