Total Solution Got to be done!!!

Been looking on this site for couple of weeks and find it inspirational with all the support from fellow exanters. I've been trying to get started for the last couple of weeks and finally decided "got to be done".
I was quite successful with Cambridge nearly three years ago, but have gained most back, mainly due to overeating and on meds which didnt help. So far today had porridge for breakfast and will be having a bar for lunch and carbonnera for dinner.

So am starting today and would appreciate any support

Hi and welcome!! Make sure to drink loads of water to keep the hunger at bay! Good luck on your weight loss journey x

Careful how you make the carbonara it can be quite runny if you follow the pack instructions, the exante website has some new instructions for making it if you are interested.
Good luck and hope to chat some more over the next few weeks, I am on day 12 and doing ok at the mo, this forum is really helpful and everyone is lovely, we are all in it together :) it's nice to know there's always someone to talk to.

thank you ladies, it's good to know that you are supporting me, must admit i've been worried about doing the diet. any advice is greatfully received, thanks :rolleyes::)

You can drink black coffee & tea and green tea. Also you can have coke zero and 2tsp of bouillion a day. I like to mix coffee with my vanilla and chocolate shakes and I pretend it's a delicious frappuccino from Starbucks! lol. (I think they are delicious though lol) If you need a sweetner, you need to use one that is in tablet form, I use canderel.

Also you can add cinnamon to the porridge, I do and I find it really good! x

Well yesterday!!! I ended up eating an extra bar, i bought the tesco ultraslim bars which i have read on here you can have as a substitute. I ended up eating one on top of the porridge, bar and carbonara. I followed the instructions on website but found the carbonara to be runny, I put it in microwave for extra minutes, the pasta was ok but sauce was runny. Not sure if I like it yet.
By the way I had the raspberry one it was lovely.
Thinking of the support, i'm sure it would have been a lot worse, it normally is when i go offtrack on a diet.
I must be more focused today!!!! :wave_cry:

Hi Annette and welcome,

My main problem with the pasta has been that its still hard after cooking it, but I saw a post yesterday where someone said they soak it in boiling water for a few minutes first and then microwave it. I think you have to experiment to get the consistency that you want!
Best of luck xxx

@ Gemla

regarding carbonara, I'm pretty sure the instructions on the pack say to use boiling water anyway. Only the best thing to do which is doesn't say is to leave it to stand for five minutes. I find that microwaving it after that with just two 40 second blasts in the microwave work everytime :)

I did that put 150ml boiling water, let it stand for 5 mins and then microwave, the sauce was very runny so zapped it again for 30 secs and did it again for another 2 goes so total of 6.5 mins in microwave. The pasta was cooked but the sauce was still very runny.
I'll try again with your suggestion, thanks BeeBeeSeeany.

So far today i've had porridge, coffee and water, surprised i'm not hungry :flirt2:

I'm afraid it's always gonna be slightly on the runny side. I got used to it and look at it as a soup with some pasta in it :cool: I add lots of spices and make it quite strong in flavour so it's mega hot. And when I have it all soupy and boiling hot, takes me ages to eat and is very filling. Burning mouth after though.

I only use about 100ml of water, but everytime I do it's slightly different. The instructions on the packs are wrong anyway, they've got updated instructions on the website.

I use about 130mls and chilli and garlic and mic it for about 3-4 mins each time and stand for about 3 and it's always really nice and thick for me!

I'm afraid it's always gonna be slightly on the runny side. I got used to it and look at it as a soup with some pasta in it :cool: I add lots of spices and make it quite strong in flavour so it's mega hot. And when I have it all soupy and boiling hot, takes me ages to eat and is very filling. Burning mouth after though.

That sounds like a good idea, i'l try that tomorrow, got winter warmer pack, got loads to get through :p

Yesterday - had porridge and two bars; I was out and had the last bar. I know I should only have one bar a day but it saved me from picking which I feel is better to have an extra bar than go off diet. Exante could do with doing shakes in tetra packs.

Day 3 today, not feeling hungry, had my porridge at 11.30, thinking it might be better to have first meal later, am planning on having carbonara about 4 and save my bar for tonight about 8, danger time. Determined and feel more positive today to do do this. Went shopping and stocked up with Dr Pepper Zero and Coke Zero and Bouillon.

This forum really helps in keeping focussed, reading others' diaries and the support you get is fantastic.

Well just had the carbonara and made it up to 500ml, standing it in boiling water for 5mins and then microwaving it for 2 mins, so had it like a soup adding pepper, it was much better having it as a soup thanks for the tip BeeBeeSee :cool::):)

Well i'm back and feeling annoyed with myself, blew it the weekend which went into yesterday. Started when i had tikka chicken with salad on saturday, thought i'd have a treat with doing well on the diet and it being the weekend, it just went downhill from there!!! Think it was eating that did it, back on today and must be more focussed, got lots of weight to move and got holiday booked for 30th August. It will be our 25th wedding anniversay 4th Sept while we are away and so want to be a lot slimmer.

Back