Step3 1000kcal got to goal, but.....

legaleagle

Morning.
My little problem is this.
I reached goal last week, great, really chuffed.
I promised myself we would all go out as a family to a really nice place for dinner, and that we did-
boy, did I scoff! The next day, I found out I passed a really difficult legal qualification, so what did I do? Yup, you guessed it! Scoffed... agggh! then the next day and the day after! 4 days of eating too much, not massive amounts, not like I used to, but certainly not step 3 (which is what my CDC and me decided I would go onto straightaway).
Ok so, what did the scales say? 7 lb Gain! am absolutely gutted :confused:
So what i suppose Im looking for here, is re-assurance, advice, opinion on whether I could actually have put on 7lbs in 4 days?
Thanks x

First of all, congratulation on getting to goal and on passing your exam as well! Food is also a way to socially celebrate great achievements and there is nothing wrong with a nice meal once in a while. I think the secret, after consuming food in excess, is to do the opposite and control your calories to eat less than required.

I have been living with thin people all my life and I have noticed that this is how they deal with it. If they have a big lunch/dinner, they'll eat very light meals for a few days. It's what I did when I had to stop CWP for 6 months and I maintained. Don't beat yourself up. Maybe do Step 2 for a week? And I bet most of the weight will go away really fast! Weight that's so recent will go quickly. :) xxx

A lb of fat is roughly 3500 calories, so unless you really ate masses it is very unlikely to be fat...yet! Just like you get the initial 1st week loss you will get an immediate gain if you don't go carefully up the plans (or equivalent). So like bookworm says - jump straight back to step 2, shift those lbs and then work up the steps - its a pain but its far better than staying on that slippery slope - says me who managed to put on the 8 stone I lost - and guess what - this time i'm going to go up the steps!

phew! big sigh of relief I bet

OK, you now get to the hard bit.... keeping it off.

The thing with CD is it is brilliant to get the weight off, but you also need to think beyond and tackle the original problem. I lost 6 stone and then proceeded to put it all back on as when I started eating again all the old bad habits started creeping back in, some people do it brilliantly and never put the weight on. I really think this time it will be a diet for life, and I am considering doing 5:2 etc. after the weight is gone (5 days of eating and 2 days on CD), even when at goal.

But more importantly.... GOAL!!!!! WOO HOO

Back