Gout

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Lindopski, 11 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Lindopski

Lindopski Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I suffer from gout and I find when on the CD I suffer ten times worse than normal, I know everyone says go to the quack , but mine was not happy about me doing CD at all and told me he would not support it and it was a waste of money and basically not to do it.
    So I wont get a lot of help there, any ideas how I can aleviate the pain a bit as its getting on my nerves lol.
    should I drink more or less water , or take more or less Naproxen tablets u reckon >?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

If you gout is playing up you MUST go back to your GP and discuss this and make your counsellor aware as well. The GP may need to change your uricosuric medication or may request that you stop the diet but only your GP can change the level of medication you are on.

Mike

4. Lindopski

Lindopski Silver Member

Start Weight:
    25st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(22.13%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    problem is Icemoose my GP will deffo tell me to stop the CD as he is dead against it for some reason even if I have lost 3 stone in 6 weeks.

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Then ask to see a different GP, remember that the current NCIE guidelines on Obesity say that VLCD's are an option for losing weight and the GP MUST support the patient in their choice of weight loss, you aren't asking him or her for permission to do anything, you are asking for their support and clinical advice. If the GP won't give this then I would ask the practice manager for which GP will offer advice in line with government and NICE guidance.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.