Grabbing my life back in to control

LizB

As the title says its time for me to start grabbing my life back in control again. Hi all I'm Liz and I'm 21 and live in Huddersfield. I'm currently around 17 stone. So obviously I have quite a bit of weight to lose. I have been on slimming world before and lost 2 stone but of course it's nearly all yoyo'd back on again. Ideally I want to join a group again but I'm worried about fitting around my shift work and I can't afford to do it online at the moment but I have found that it hasn't worked for me before. So this is me trying to do it by myself. To get as many fruit and veggies into my meals as possible and to resist the call of the guys getting a take away at work. And of course follow the extra easy plan as best as possible until I remember where I've hidden my old books away til at least.

I shall be back later with my starting weights etc and obviously I will post here when ever I can along my journey.

Thanks for reading,
Liz

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using MiniMins

So,

I've recently just had an operation and consequently I have had 3 weeks off work to watch the olympics. It's fair to say I have caught that olympic bug and I want to become more active. OF COURSE I still have another 3 weeks until I can get back to normal completely rargh! I'm hoping that the paralympics will keep my enthusiasm up. We have a system where you can join up and try lots of different activities at a reduced cost and also get help with losing weight. After being let down terribly by our weight loss management system I'm hoping this is just the kick I need to be more healthy.

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't lost any weight since june, and I can easily blame things on work and having my shifts messed about, which yes ok it does mess about with your life. But it is an excuse I know really I just haven't got the motivation. Which I should do really I'm single and young and well I should be out there looking really. But as most of you will understand my confidence has taken a massive nose dive and I'm just not getting out like I should.

I feel like I'm rambling now but I needed somewhere to get it off my chest. Anyone got any words of wisdom? I'm off to go stalk the slimming world threads now.

But any advice is welcome,

Thanks
Liz x

Hello, good on you for coming back here and planning to go with sw. I find the group really motivating so if there is anyway you can join it would probably help. They do accommodate shift workers. If you can't though keep posting here. I have found my diary really helpful to get my thoughts straight and get me back on track. People do read these diaries so you do feel a bit accountable. Good luck.

I think I have had a relatively good day today. Only downside was drinks at work our vending machine only has sugary drinks in at the moment. So no choice there but to have a couple there's only so much tea and coffee I can drink on a warm day! But I have been tracking my calories on my fitness pal and I'm gonna end up at around 1200 calories so I'm happy with that and I've had at least 6 portions of fruit and veg today.

Go me!

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using MiniMins

So I have lost my first pound - Yay!!!!

I've taken my measurements today so that when I have bad weeks or I haven't lost I can take these and hopefully I will feel a bit better, failing that I will do it at least once a month.

So starting from;

Upper arm - 14 inches
Waist - 42 inches
Hips - 54 inches
As I have thunder thighs;
Upper thigh - 30 inches
Lower thigh - 23 inches
Calf - 17 inches

So thats my measurements so far, I will pop back later to report on how my day has gone :)

Time to post here again.

I keep on putting it off, things weren't going well and I haven't lost much weight. More because I was eating the wrong choices. So tomorrow after work I will be rejoining slimming world again. I'm really looking forward to it getting back on plan and hopefully seeing the results. Just hope to get everyone else at home on board!

Liz

So I rejoined group today yay!!! The weight however was not so good, 17stone 8.5lb :(. Set myself a mini target for 2lbs next week and see how I get on. 14 more weigh ins till Xmas.good luck to all!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

So this will be day 4 of being on plan, I seem to be going well so far and I'm eating properly. When I first started slimming world I'd cheat by not eating enough. I know that by the amount I lost and how quickly, I was good for the first week but then it slowly got at uni that I'd have a jacket potato at lunch but I'd skip brekkie and or my evening meal and just snack on fruit but that wouldn't be enough. Brekkie hasn't quite fallen into place this week yet but being on lates I often don't get up til 9/10 and its nearly lunch time by that point so I often have yoghurt and fruit when I get in at night from work and it evens out. Next week will be different as I have to get up at 5am to work mornings. Oh the dramas of being a factory worker!

Second week into the new start at SW and I'm struggling :(. I appear to be craving the bad stuff. I'm hungrier this week and constantly want to just eat junk. I'm being good and reaching for fruit, I had some chocolate earlier though. I know I will get back on it syns wise. But I don't remember it being this bad the first time I started? Will it pass if I keep my will power up? I've been keeping it to myself but I hope some of you will offer some of your wisdom and support instead of just struggling on.

I also need to think of some more snacky things I can have to stop me from going back to munch on rubbish!

Liz

Back