Grace's brand spanking new diary

graciebabes

will hit target this time
Brand new diary for 2012.. took me a while but it's here! Time to get serious about my weight loss journey, as I want to lose 34lbs for July 2012! Seems ambitious I know, but why not?! Want to do this for real this time, as I've fallen off the wagon for the last time!

I'm doing Slimming World from home using this site and MyFitnessPal app for help! Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Tuesday 28th February - Red day

Breakfast
Bacon medallions
2 x Weight Watchers Cumberland sausages 1 syn
Scrambled egg
Ketchup 1 syn
Jelly

Lunch
Spaghetti carbonara:
70g wholemeal pasta 2 x Hexb's
Egg
Bacon
14g parmesan 1/2 x Hexa
Garlic
Onion
Jelly

Snack
Banana
2 x Shape Zero yoghurts
Ham slices

Dinner
Sausage & cheese omelette:
2 x Weight Watchers Cumberland sausages 1 syn
21g reduced fat cheddar 1/2 x Hexa
2 eggs
1 x Asda milk chocolate oatie crumble biscuit 5 syns
Weight Watchers choc crisp bar 4 syns

Healthy Extras:
A - 14g parmesan & 21g reduced fat cheddar
B - 35g wholemeal pasta
B - 35g wholemeal pasta

Syns: 12/15

Exercise:
really gutted about the exercise front today, went to go swimming with my friend but we must've picked the wrong time because the pool was literally FULL of kids. Horrible, screaming, smelly kids at that. We ended up just chilling in the sauna and steam room as we couldn't even get in the pool. Annoyed because I was really looking forward to it too! Oh well, going to try and go to the gym tomorrow to make up for it.
Thoughts: had 4 eggs today completely by accident..ooops! Must plan my meals a little better in order to avoid this again. Going to try an extra easy day tomorrow as I'm craving lasagne! Yummy!

Last edited:
Good luck, i'm sure that you'll do it. You seem like a really positive person.

I'm also starting slimming world and doing it by myself from home. Hope we both stay on the wagon lol

Sarah :)

Hi Sarah :) I'm a bit of a slimming world veteran to be honest, have done it on and off for years but never managed to keep the weight off! Hoping this time will be different as my boyfriend has promised to take me on a huge shopping trip when I get down to my goal of 11 stone! May not seem like much but is a massive gesture for him!

Maybe we can buddy up? What plan are you doing?

Grace x

Hi Grace

That would be really great, thankyou :)

I'm intending to do the extra easy plan mostly because I love the idea of mixing and matching, but may have the occasional red or green day depending on what food I fancy on that day lol. Which plan are you following? Are any of the plans particularly better than others?

A shopping trip is a great incentive, I'm gonna treat myself too when I get to target, hopefully by christmas. I need to lose just over 4 stone I reckon to be a healthy weight, but any I lose will be a mini victory lol.

Thanks again Sarah xx

Hello there, I'd also like to lose around the 35lb mark for the end of July, any more would be a fab bonus!! :) good luck, hope you're having a good day

ghostcat7 said:
Hi Grace

That would be really great, thankyou :)

I'm intending to do the extra easy plan mostly because I love the idea of mixing and matching, but may have the occasional red or green day depending on what food I fancy on that day lol. Which plan are you following? Are any of the plans particularly better than others?

A shopping trip is a great incentive, I'm gonna treat myself too when I get to target, hopefully by christmas. I need to lose just over 4 stone I reckon to be a healthy weight, but any I lose will be a mini victory lol.

Thanks again Sarah xx

I think they're different for everyone but I find I lose the most on the Red plan.. I love extra easy days but find I use more syns on them as I have 1 less healthy extra.. What day do you weigh on hun? I weighed in this morning at 13 stone 5. Think I will weigh again on Sunday morning as I'm a serial weigher lol. Hoping for a nice big loss this week as I'm cutting out a lot of crap! Do you have a food diary?

Grace x

mrstore said:
Hello there, I'd also like to lose around the 35lb mark for the end of July, any more would be a fab bonus!! :) good luck, hope you're having a good day

Well good luck on your journey :) Do you have a food diary?

Grace x

Last edited:
graciebabes said:
FONT="Georgia"]Well good luck on your journey :) Do you have a food diary?

Grace x

Certainly do, probably the most boring one on here to read though lol, I think it's called ' this weeks food diary' or something lol

Hi how’s your day been

I weighed myself on this Monday as but I’m thinking of changing my day to a weekend , so I can weigh in after a lie in so I’ll probably do Sunday too. I weighed 13st and half a pound on my first day. I hope that I can get a good loss, but I have to hide the scales between weigh in as if I did weigh myself and I stayed the same I think I might be a bit dishearted. Or even worse if I weighted myself mid week and weighed lighter than my weigh in value.

I do have a food diary it’s not very long yet (only two days) but it’s called, Start as I mean to go on – trying extra easy, any help or comments really welcome
I hope I can find some nice unusual recipe to try, especially low syn deserts as I have a serious sweet tooth. I’ve been really good today think i’ve only had a couple of syns so far, and I’m still resisting the biscuit tin. Lol. Saying that though I’ve eaten more fruit today than I should. Is there a limit on the number of bananas you can have. I’ve had 2 and a half today, oops :confused:

Luv Sarah xx

Hi how’s your day been

I weighed myself on this Monday as but I’m thinking of changing my day to a weekend , so I can weigh in after a lie in so I’ll probably do Sunday too. I weighed 13st and half a pound on my first day. I hope that I can get a good loss, but I have to hide the scales between weigh in as if I did weigh myself and I stayed the same I think I might be a bit dishearted. Or even worse if I weighted myself mid week and weighed lighter than my weigh in value.

I do have a food diary it’s not very long yet (only two days) but it’s called, Start as I mean to go on – trying extra easy, any help or comments really welcome
I hope I can find some nice unusual recipe to try, especially low syn deserts as I have a serious sweet tooth. I’ve been really good today think i’ve only had a couple of syns so far, and I’m still resisting the biscuit tin. Lol. Saying that though I’ve eaten more fruit today than I should. Is there a limit on the number of bananas you can have. I’ve had 2 and a half today, oops :confused:

Luv Sarah xx

Think weighing on a Sunday is a good idea..
I have a terrible sweet tooth as well, and have been finding that mullerlights and sugar free jellies are working wonders! There's no limit on fruit no, but if it starts to affect your losses (which it shouldn't until you're very near goal, if it does at all) then just cut back a bit.. I've had a banana today too it was yum! And 4 eggs completely by accident lol. Oh well can't have any more as I've ran out now haha!

Grace x

I am hoping to start out on sw again in the morning. Used to do red days back in the day more recently ee but red days used to do the trick. How do you guys spread the carbs on a red day???:0))

I am hoping to start out on sw again in the morning. Used to do red days back in the day more recently ee but red days used to do the trick. How do you guys spread the carbs on a red day???:0))

I usually have some carbs as my Hexb, like today I used 2 hexb's for 70g wholemeal pasta.. Can't be going without my precious carbs!!

graciebabes said:
I'll have a look for it then! Which plan are you doing?

Grace x

Well I started out doing extra easy.....then introduced a few green days......, and now I'm on mainly green, I don't eat that much meat so have never done a red day, even years and years ago when I first started sw. the thing I like about green days is the extra HEB.
If you've had chance to read through my diary.....I told you it was boring! Lol

Think weighing on a Sunday is a good idea..
I have a terrible sweet tooth as well, and have been finding that mullerlights and sugar free jellies are working wonders! There's no limit on fruit no, but if it starts to affect your losses (which it shouldn't until you're very near goal, if it does at all) then just cut back a bit.. I've had a banana today too it was yum! And 4 eggs completely by accident lol. Oh well can't have any more as I've ran out now haha!

Grace x

Hi Grace

Eggs are free aren't they? I've found a cool recipe which I've put on my food diary, that makes a swiss roll thingy desert. It uses four eggs but it claims that the whole thing is only half a syn. So maybe it'll help with my sweet tooth (hope it tastes nice tho otherwise it defeats the object lol).

Gonna try and stick to one banana a day from now on too :) Going to the metrocentre to night after work to get myself some sketchers tone up shoes for wearing at work to get some cheeky extra exercise.

Sarah x

Ps can't wait until weigh in day (I feel better already probably cos I've cut all the the junk out of my diet)

mrstore said:
Well I started out doing extra easy.....then introduced a few green days......, and now I'm on mainly green, I don't eat that much meat so have never done a red day, even years and years ago when I first started sw. the thing I like about green days is the extra HEB.
If you've had chance to read through my diary.....I told you it was boring! Lol

I love my green days too, but find I only lose about 1lb a week on them, whereas red days speed my losses up.. Your diary isn't boring lol its each to their own anyway! Having an extra easy day today so I've made a lovely lasagne for tea, I can't wait!

Grace x

ghostcat7 said:
Hi Grace

Eggs are free aren't they? I've found a cool recipe which I've put on my food diary, that makes a swiss roll thingy desert. It uses four eggs but it claims that the whole thing is only half a syn. So maybe it'll help with my sweet tooth (hope it tastes nice tho otherwise it defeats the object lol).

Gonna try and stick to one banana a day from now on too :) Going to the metrocentre to night after work to get myself some sketchers tone up shoes for wearing at work to get some cheeky extra exercise.

Sarah x

Ps can't wait until weigh in day (I feel better already probably cos I've cut all the the junk out of my diet)

Yeah eggs are definitely free, I just think having 4 in one day is a bit excessive lol.. I can't wait to weigh in either! I weigh on my Wii and it keeps staring at me haha.. Oooh that Swiss roll sounds yummy you'll have to let me know how it goes! I'm always a bit skeptical about dessert recipes after doing a few crap ones haha. I prefer to save my syns and have the real thing every now and again :)

Grace x

Wednesday 29th February - Extra Easy day

Breakfast
Beans snap pot

Lunch
Beef stir fry:
Lean beef steak
Dried egg noodles
Stir fry veg
Soy sauce

Snack
2 x Alpen light bars 1 x Hexb

Dinner
Lasagne: don't use béchamel sauce as I don't like it!
Pasta sheets
Extra lean minced beef
Onion
Garlic
Tinned tomatoes
42g reduced fat cheddar 1 x Hexa
Weight Watchers garlic petit pain 8.5 syns might seem like a lot but really fancied some!
Weight Watchers toffee bar 4 syns

Healthy Extras:
A - 42g reduced fat cheddar
B - 2 x Alpen light bars

Syns: 12.5/15

Exercise:

Thoughts:

Last edited:
Back