Graduation & the celebrations that will come with it

DanJames

Hi guys & dolls!

Day 6 for me and I feel empowered! Haha. My first weigh-in is this Monday which I'm really excited about because I've stuck 100% to the shakes. (Love coffee with the vanilla one by the way, it's brill.)

I'll then be going into another 100% shake week I've decided, which is all good but then the following Tuesday (so Jul 9) is my graduation, and I said about a month ago I'll be going out for a meal & celebrations.

This would be the second day on my third week and I was wondering what to do - if anyone had any advice?

I will be eating. I don't feel I can go into a restaurant with friends and family and sit there with a shake to celebrate my graduating. I'll probably also have a drink other than water.

SO
What should I do?
Go into refeeding on week 3? Try & have something that's low in carbs etc?

Any suggestions on what to do, what to eat and what to drink would be amazing.

Hi Dan

Well done for doing week 1 and I'm sure you will be rewarded on the scales on Monday!!

Ketosis and alcohol don't go well together. Everyone is different but I've seen too many terrible stories on here with people passing out and some ending up in A&E. Doesn't mean it will happen to you, but if you're drinking make sure you refeed - safety is the best policy. If you don't refeed, you may gain back the glycogen/water quickly and it may appear you put all the weight back on although most will be water and will be lost quickly again if you get back on LT soon after. I assume you are going to get back on the LT horse after the celebration? My only hesitation for you is to remember you really have to be in the right frame of mind to get through the first week to go onwards, and after having a break from LT, you may find it difficult to get back on track. You know yourself better than I do.

If it was me... I'd have a shake and celebrate staying on the LT track while enjoying the company of family & friends because I wouldn't want to lose the momentum. I did LT for over 6 months and there were many celebrations that I thoroughly enjoyed without any food or drink. Whatever you choose, best wishes x x x

Well I'm very happy at the moment.
-11lbs on my first week of Lipotrim, but I did decide to eat low-carb low-fat low-sugar from now on. Lipotrim has been a great starting point for me and I intend on keeping my weight loss going, slowly but surely.

2 days after coming back on to food and I lost a further 1 and a 1/2 lbs, so -12 1/2 lbs total.

I'm also still in ketosis! Just thought I'd update - probably my last post in here as I'm now no longer in lipotrim.
Thanks for everyone's help and advice. Much appreciated.

Back