Grand National

jadeelizabeth

becoming a happier, healthier me
Has anyone got a cheeky bet on for the Grand National? I usually leave it up to my OH to pick the horses but sometimes pick the ones that I like the names of!

I don't put a bet on as I just don't agree with it. I hate seeing the horses falling and hearing how many have been so badly injured that they have had to be put to sleep :(

I do like to have a quick flick through the competetors though and see the names, some of them are quite funny.

I do think it is a bit sad but it doesn't happen every year. It's the only thing I'll have a flutter on, it's traditional now.

I am also Anti even though they have supposedly made jumps safer, there will still be falls and RSPCA "cautious re changes".

However, on a lighter note, if I had to pick one, it would be SEABASS as the only one named after something which is edible ..... no Horsemeat jokes, thank you :rolleyes:

Although not a fan of the race, I do love looking at some of the photos of the outfits from Ladies' day......:D

No winners for me, although thought Oscar Time was going to win near to the end... could have been a nice £355 win!

Back