• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

grapefruit disaster

emma-louise

Silver Member
S: 16st0lb C: 12st13lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 3st1lb(19.2%)
right everyone... NO LAUGHING :p

i am aware that this probably sounds completely and utterly ridiculous, but what is the easiest (least messy) way to eat a grapefruit? :eek:

my usual method of cutting it in half and spooning out the segments just results in sticky grapefruit juice all over me, my clothes, my hair, the table, my laptop (!!:eek:) etc

its not exactly urgent but i really would like some advice lol

i know im "special"... :8855:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
S: 14st7lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st12lb BMI: 22.4 Loss: 3st9lb(25.12%)
I normally just cut it into quarters, and the quarters into half and just bite it off, and use the skin to hold onto.

Kater-tater

Gold Member
S: 12st5lb G: 8st13lb
If i have them...which is VERY RARE! lol i just eat it like an orange, peel it and eat the segments dipped in sweetner

teens74

S: 16st1lb C: 16st1lb G: 10st0lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hey

This is one of the many reasons fruit bothers me lol it is too messy and too high maintenance

The way i deal with grapefruits is as follows

Cut in half
Take half i want and gently squeeze excess juice out into the sink so less messy
take a small sharp knife and slide around the edge of the segments in a cricle all round the half, then i also cut around the triangles so when i sit down ready to eat with a spoon they pop easily onto my spoon and into my gob

Hope that helps lol

x

emma-louise

Silver Member
S: 16st0lb C: 12st13lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 3st1lb(19.2%)
eeeee you're all so clever! :worthy:
why didnt i ever think of peeling it?!
i have a half and a whole one in the fridge so im gonna try a nice variety of your suggestions over the next few days ;) i will let you know how i get on hehe!

its obviously not as daft a question as i thought it was... :D

S: 33st0lb C: 21st13.5lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 46.8 Loss: 11st0.5lb(33.44%)
I eat alot of grapefruit normally in bed for some reason:confused: and always get in a mess so I normally lay a towel over the bed spread put the bowl on top and then peel it like an orange. I don't like the white stuff around each segment (what's that called?) so I peel all that off too as I go along.

Looooove grapefruit.

mumtheshopper

Silver Member
S: 12st6lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 29.5 Loss: 0st2lb(1.15%)
Pink grapefruits I peel and eat like an orange. White grapefruits I eat as you said. I ahve got grapefruit spoons which are serated. They are great!

Harry'sMom07

Silver Member
S: 14st3.0lb C: 13st11.5lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 0st5.5lb(2.76%)
I have half a pink grapefruit every morning and eat it like you do, just spoon out the segments. I do eat it with a tissue in the other hand though. My 2 year old ds laughs at the juice squirting everywhere...

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
S: 18st3lb C: 18st3lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 41.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I eat alot of grapefruit normally in bed for some reason:confused: and always get in a mess so I normally lay a towel over the bed spread put the bowl on top and then peel it like an orange. I don't like the white stuff around each segment (what's that called?) so I peel all that off too as I go along.

Looooove grapefruit.

Its pith!!!!!!!! No I don't have a speech impediment - thats the white stuff
:8855: You eating grapefruits in bed!!!!

S: 33st0lb C: 21st13.5lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 46.8 Loss: 11st0.5lb(33.44%)
lol thank you and yes isn't that where most grapefruit eating occurs??:p I don't know how I got into this habit but I take 2 grapefruit up with me when I go to bed most nights and eat them watching TV. The juice goes everywhere but the room smells nice.:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Syn Values 3
Syn Values 2
Syn Values 2
Junk Basket 1
Syn Values 0