Grapefruit - how do you eat yours?

OpalLilyEats

Gold Member
I always heard grapefruit is really good for you and I've always liked it, but I've only had it before in juices or at hotel breakfasts where I think they're mainly tinned!

I bought 2 red grapefruits last night in Sainsburys and was wondering... how do you eat yours?

Looking for some ideas as to be frankly honest, I haven't a clue how to prepare/eat it!

I generally have half a grapefruit after my cereal on a morning. I peel the grapefruit and split it in half and then open each segment and eat the fruit inside. Not sure what to call it put the stuff (skin) that's around each segment is quite bitter so I like to get as much off as poss. It is quite messy but it's worth it!

On the Tesco recipe site they have half a grapefruit you run a knife around the edges and between the segments then grill it.

I confess (not advice) I use tinned sometimes!

I can't believe I never knew about the Tesco recipe website - thanks Shirleen!! I use BBC Good Food religiously!

There's a few recipes where it's included but if you grill or roast it, do you need to syn it? Or is that only when you puree it? This is where I get confused :-S

On the Tesco recipe site they have half a grapefruit you run a knife around the edges and between the segments then grill it.

I confess (not advice) I use tinned sometimes!

That sounds lovely though would you have to syn it if its grilled??? strictly speaking ;)

I love grapefruit and just peel it like an orange and eat the same way.

I should add that I cut mine in half, run a sharp knife round the inside & the segments & top of grapes & berries...yum :)

I peel it like Orange and then take then peel off each segment, sprinkle some salt on it to take sharpness away and eat it. I have not had it for a while. Must get some this week.

I suppose you can sprinkle some sweetner if you do not like it with salt.

whenever i eat grapefruit (which hasn't bee for a long time; like statins grapefruit can affect my antidepressants) I grilled it, but only the top ever got how, the rest stayed cold... oh to syn or not to syn lol.

Back