Gravy??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mrsmac247, 10 September 2009 Social URL.

1. mrsmac247

mrsmac247 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Hi all, whilst reading another post it brought up a question i have been longing to ask lol

I really resent having to use my syns for gravy especially when i meausre 4 tablespoons :sigh: so was wondering how do all make yours? do you use the syns or do you find another way?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

TBH I go without. I'm not bothered about it.
    Do you use all your syns a day normally? Can you not spare a few for gravy if you like it? It may be worth it for you, I can't think of a syn free way to make it unless you do what I read on another post and make it with a stock cube but it's runny.

4. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I use my syns for gravy...helps the food go down! (gastric band). Tesco's gravy granules 100ml is only 2 syns and delicious.

5. mrsmac247

mrsmac247 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    That is what i was thinking and then i thought it might be too runny, i am a little mean with my syns lol and would just rather not get out the tablespoon at most dinnertimes and then be annoyed becauase my food is dry (we eat alot of gravy in our house!!) lol

6. mrsmac247

mrsmac247 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Oh there is a difference with the syn values? i am confused in my directory it says that 4 tablespoons is 2 sysns i believe. Does it make a difference what brand then?

7. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i use gravy for roasts coz there's no way i want it without. The only way you can avoid syns is if you use an oxo cube and that would be free...but watery!

8. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It means 4 tablespoons of made up gravy, and i think that's if you add the meat fat! I use bisto best and they are 1 syn per teaspoon of granules and 3 t-spoons makes between quarter and half a pint depending how thick i have it.

9. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My Mum makes gravy with the juices of meat, flour, potato or veg water, gravy browning and an oxo cube and counts 6tbsp as 6 syns. I dont know how accurate this is, but she has a roast every Sunday and is loosing weight.

10. Loupy

Loupy Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think i would need to just save syns - have to have gravy especially with a yorkshire... which reminds me! Aunt Bessy has just brought out mini puds (so tiny) i havent worked out the syns yet, but they are about 1/3 of the size of the standard bessies....

11. mrsmac247

mrsmac247 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    thanks everyone, the problem is we have gravy with most of our meals and also use meat juices sometimes to flavour. Just wondered if there was another way lol a similar diet i done a little while ago didnt syn the gravy which was a bonus:)

i did read a previous poster who suggested thickening with potatoe granuels might try that

12. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

make stock cube and water then add some potatoe and but on baking tray yum

13. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I use my syns for gravy too - although I only have a little gravy maybe twice a week.

You could blend cauliflower, oxo/bovril stock, salt & pepper - add a little hot water to thin it down, that makes syn free gravy - but I look at the trouble of all that kerfuffle and just use my syns and gravy granules....

14. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    I have to have gravy with my meals and use bisto granuals but syn it, on an EE day its the only part of the meal that is syned so I think its worth it, cann't stand dry dinners.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.