Greatest Loser

RS79

I have a query I hope you guys can help me with. My Consultant was talking about the Greatest Loser competitioncoming up. She has said that it is for the person in group that has lost the most amount of weight in their journey.... my query is for those people that have lost a lot (e.g we have someone in our group that has lost 5 stone) then surely that person wins it each year? As it may be impossible for anyone to catch up.. I would have thought it would have made sense to have the person who has lost the most in that particular year? I have lost 4 1/2 stone in eight months and am gutted to miss out on this :(

I thought they did it based on a year...

This like all awards seems unfair not all have that much to loose it should be based on percentage of weight loss

This like all awards seems unfair not all have that much to loose it should be based on percentage of weight loss

Why is it unfair? We can't all win all awards. Is it unfair to have man of the year when woman can't be eligible? Couple of the year is unfair for single people. Top target member is unfair for those who are not at target, young slimmer for those who are over 16 .....

Awards are about motivation and recognition, they should be celebrated.

greatest loser- to win group you have to have lost a minimum of 1/2 stone in a year i believe

so for example- i lost 8st 5 last year when i won group GL. Now I have lost 10 1/2 stone so I will hopefully win this year's group too (unless someone moves to our group with a 12 st weight loss or something!!)

Next year I won't win because I won't have lost any more- i'll be at target then

there are many competitions in Slimming World- greatest loser is simply the one who has lost the most. Miss Slinky focuses on women who don't necessarily have as much to lose- hence why there is no "minimum weight loss" criteria- unlike woman of the year where you have to have lost at least 3 stone.

So if you don't have as much to lose there is still a competition you can possibly enter

Some groups are a bit flexible with the people who get nominated for the awards as the group might not have people eligible by the official guidelines. I have seen on here men winning Miss.Slinky and a pair of friends winning best couple because there wasn't any actual couples at the group. I won Miss.Slinky once and I didn't expect to get nominated as I had lost a lot and thought the idea was for people who hadn't got a lot to lose to have a chance!
Its nice to get awards as a bonus but at the end of the day try and reward ourselves and take pleasure in our own success as at the end of the day I am always going to be the biggest loser out of me myself and I! :p

Back