Green day HEB - TUNA!

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by miss_emmajane, 10 April 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I started Slimming World in 09, lost 30lbs (of which I am 17.5lbs still off, will get there in the end) and .... AND .... I have only just realised that I can have tuna as a healthy extra B choice on a green day!! I only ever do EE so I can have tuna so now I can have it on my normal green days .... I can't believe I have never know this!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ruthiebusybee

ruthiebusybee Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    114st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    -100st0lb(-691.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I now don't feel so bad about my little oversight either! I have been doing SW on and off for several years, and have been doing EE a few times over the last couple of years, and I never knew that you're meant to fill at least a 1/3 of your plate with superfree food..............having been to 3 welcome sessions you'd think the consultants would have made that a bit clear! But nope. I also missed that page on one of the many occasions I have re-read the foot optimising book. Incredible.

Luckily I have managed to lose some weight during that time, but imagine how much more I would have lost if I had been having the correct amount of superfree!

So it feels a bit like I'm on a brand new plan again now!

4. nc1967

nc1967 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Tuna HEb on Green

I have a can of John West no drain tuna chunks in brine (120g) is this a HEb for a green or too much?

Thanks

5. ruthiebusybee

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    114st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    -100st0lb(-691.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The book says 113g of tuna, so the 120g is marginally over the HEB. Not sure that 7g of tuna will make all that much difference though. Although I am sure some people might disagree!

I'd get on with it and enjoy it if it were me!

6. ruthiebusybee

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    114st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    -100st0lb(-691.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just re-read that and you said it's no drain tuna - I'm not sure about that one. The book just says in brine or springwater. So long as no oil is added then it should be okay.

That said, for fresh tuna, the book says 85g I think..................

7. kindleuser

kindleuser Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Rosemary Conley/Calorie counting
    Yes the fresh tuna is 85g - having tuna today and weighed out the extra 7gms of tinned tund - hardly tell the difference and maybe you would leave that much in the can anyway.

8. nc1967

nc1967 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(8.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks will enjoy it with my lunch!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.