Green Days Green Day Snacks?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Ikin29, 8 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Ikin29

Ikin29 Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.94%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi there,

I am normally a red girl through and through but had a green day yesterday and L.O.V.E.D I.T! Felt like I shouldn't be eating all that yummy pasta and slimming world chips are now my vice!!!!

I have decided to do more green days and was wondering if Bachelors Pasta N Sauce (not macaroni cheese or cheese, ham and leek) or Uncle Ben's express rice can be used to snack on as freefoods? I have a few in the cupboard and feeling a little peckish! Don't unfortunately have any fruit as STILL snowed in and cannot get to shops. :cry:

Finally, is it ok to do a week of green or should it be more varied between red/green?

Thanks.
    xxxxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JoJosing

JoJosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(30.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Ikin29

It is fine to do a week of green if you want after all veggies do.

Some people seem to think that they loose more on red than on green though. Some pasta and sauce packets have syns in but they are fairly low 2/3 so they are probably ok to have for snack.

Express rice will also have syns in it as it will be coted in oil to stop it sticking - not sure of the syns in it though. A dried packet of rice that you add water to is usually free though.

My C always says shake the packet if it makes a noise (ie is dried) then its free.

4. ukmonkey2002

ukmonkey2002 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(13.74%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    What kind is the express rice and ill have a look in directory for you :)

5. skinny_wannabe82

skinny_wannabe82 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.81%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers - Discover (old points)
    I always do green days, I find them so much easier and convenient. I have mug shots as snacks (they are either free or very low in syns) and same for pasta and sauce. Low fat super noodles are also free. Things like instant mash are free too and a super speedy addition to veg for a last minute dinner if I am home late from work. Sooooo lazy but sometimes it just has to be done :)

6. Ikin29

Ikin29 Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.94%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks everyone!

Will get some mugshots once I've dug myself out of this snow!!! LOL

UKMonkey2002 - I like all Unclo Ben's Express Rice but especially mexican style rice and chinese style rice. Thanks very much for looking up for me.

Take care everyone.

xxxx

7. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    If you like all the food you can have on a red day, and all the food you can have on a green day, why not have some Extra Easy days? It's the best of both worlds!

Express Rice:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Uncle Ben's Express, Chinese Style Rice, ambient 250g pouch[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [​IMG] 2½ Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 19½ Syns [​IMG] Green 2½ Syns [/FONT]
    [/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Uncle Ben's Express, Mexican Style Rice, ambient 250g pouch[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [​IMG] 2 Syns on Extra Easy [​IMG] Original 19½ Syns [​IMG] Green 2 Syns [/FONT]
    [/FONT]​

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.