Green Lunches for Work

Edwin

Silver Member
I am after some ideas for green day lunches to eat out. I need quicker than quick ideas - things I can eat with one hand.

What is the recipe for quiche? Does this taste ok cold?

Thanks guys.

How about my sausage rolls.

2 Quorn Sausages
2 Slices Nimble
1 Beaten Egg

Using a rolling pin, roll the bread until thin. Then wrap the bread around the sausage and secure with a cocktail stick. Brush with beaten egg. Repeat with second sausage.

Bake in an oven at 180 deg until bread is golden. Can be served hot or cold. Free on green if using bread as a HEXB

Hi Edwin, the quiche is lovely cold. Heres the recipe. Hope you like it.
1 packet of pasta and sauce
1 packet of Batchelors savoury golden rice.
3 eggs, beaten
1 tub of low fat cottage cheese (i use the chive one)
You can add other options to this, i add 1/2 can of mixed beans in tomato sauce, or you can add mushrooms, onions e.t.c.
Sliced Tomatoes.

Cook pasta and sauce in one pan and cook rice in another, when cooked mix together adding extra ingredients if you want at this point and pour into a large flan dish, add cottage cheese to beaten eggs and pour over pasta/rice base.
Cook in oven at about 190c for about 30 mins or until set. About 10 mins before cooked top with sliced tomatoes.
Quiche is great for nibbling on when hungry.
Synfree if using the pasta and sauces that are free, Macaroni cheese one is 1 syn, this one gives it a sort of cheese pie taste.

I make my Pasta Quiche with the Pasta'n'Sauce/Eggs/Cottage Cheese (onion and chive) without the Rice.

It tastes really good hot or cold

I make my Pasta Quiche with the Pasta'n'Sauce/Eggs/Cottage Cheese (onion and chive) without the Rice.

It tastes really good hot or cold
Hi Di, i used to make mine the same way as you but when our consultant brought some with rice in too i changed to making it this way, give it a try. xxx Loobylou

Cheese and Lentil Wedge is a super lunch thing as well - good hot or cold!!
How do you make this? Sounds really nice. xxx Loobylou

I just nipped off to search the recipes but I can't see it - so here it is

Cheese and Lentil Wedge

Single Ingredients
4 oz Red Lentils
225 ml Water
1 Onion
100g Half Fat Cheddar
1 Egg
1/2 tspn Mustard
1/2 tspn Mixed Herbs
Salt and Pepper
Garlic

7.5 Syns on Green Day

Chop Onions and fry in Frylight
Cook Lentils and Mixed Herbs in water until soft and all liquid is absorbed
Mix all ingredients together
Place in 7" sandwich tin lined with parchment
Bake 190c for 30 minutes until golden and firm to touch.

Different cheese work out at different syns. You can use some cheese as a HEb (maybe a HEa as well - I use mine on milk so never use cheese as a HEa)

This was a recipe devised by Ally who sent it to the magazine and won a book

I always make double and have it hot with baked beans as a dinner and cold as a lunch.

Thanks DI.xxx

I'd like the recipe for the white minestrone please!

I'm new to minimins (although not to Slimming World) and always looking for new recipes to make it more interesting.

Back