Green Tea Ice Tea

JediFran

As most will already known the health benefits of green tea are well known amongst them the fact that when loosing weight it is thought to boost metabolism and aid fat loss!
If like me though you can't stand the flavour of the tea just on its own, this ice tea "recipe" I've come up with may help :)

you need:

1. a large jug (mine is nearly 2 litres and fits nicely in the fridge door. I aim to finish one jug a day)

2. about 3-5 green tea bags - (I recommend checking out the "foreign foods" sections in your supermarket or maybe an asian supermarket if there is one nearby, as the "real" stuff tends to be a lot better and have more flavour! Plus its usually half the price! I pay 64p for my greentea in tescos. The same stuff from Twinnings is more than double that at £1.30!!)

3. Sugar free squash - I recommend something like summerfruits or apple and strawberry (my personal fav!!) I would stear clear of the "cloudy" squashes, like orange, lemon or grapefruit etc.

Basically make up the green tea in the large jug. Might be worth doing 50:50 hot and cold water, as otherwise it takes ages to cool!
when it's cooled down a bit just add the squash to taste :)

I love the flavour and it tastes great ice cold (or warm for that matter :) ) and it really is good for you!

Anyway, just thought I would share :) enjoy!

x

I like the idea of this, thank you

Back