Green tea

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Hooya, 2 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Hooya

Hooya Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.34%)
    Diet:
    Atkins with an eye on the calories
    Hi all

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered already but yes, I'm too lazy to find it!

Does green tea count towards water consumption? Or does it have diuretic effects due to the caffeine and therefore means I need to drink more?

I've been reading that it can aid metabolism and be good for training, but you have to drink 4-5 cups a day - I don't want to bother with that if I have to drink even more of the dreaded water to make up for it! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. British_Claire_84

British_Claire_84 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Clear as mud to me! ;)

4. Hooya

Hooya Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.34%)
    Diet:
    Atkins with an eye on the calories
    Thanks Laura! I'm pretty sure mine is caffeinated! So does this mean I treat it like normal tea, and it doesn't count towards my water intake? I am well confused! :eek:

5. Stirky7

Stirky7 Believe!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimfast/JUDDD
    Just noticed this, not that I go on this board lol. I love green tea, and like other tea it does count towards your fluid intake (not that I ever count mine) as like Laura said the caffine isn't high enough to outweigh the hydration properties. Green tea has lots of benefits, high in antioxidents and calorie free! I especially love green tea with jasmine, gorgeous! Oh and I always use my tea bags at least twice ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.