Green tea

I will succeed!!!
I've developed a love for green tea with jasmine recently and have replaced coffee and tea with it (apart from the odd cup).

I knew green tea was a good antioxident but I read in a magazine the other day it can help boost weight loss!?!?

I've heard of the green tea diet pills before (guy in office was on them) but not sure how much truth/science backs this up?

Anyone else seen an improvement to weight loss drinking it? I'm drinking it because I like it more than anything but it would be an added bonus to help skin AND WIs ;) hehehe

xxx

I love green tea too, drink tons of the stuff. It does seem to nudge me in the right direction too as when ive had less ive had smaller losses but that could just be coincidence.
I asked about green tea a few weeks back and someone (think it was vixxter) posted a great reply for me. Dont really know anything about the pills though. It definatley ...ahem clears you out too.

I take the green tea capsules. I tried drinking the tea but I didn't like it that much and I would have needed to drink at least 4 cups a day for it to have any weight loss benefits.
The capsules I take are just one a day. It isn't miracle weight loss, but if you're sticking to a diet it can help boost weight losses by an extra 1-2lb a month. But it won't work unless you're already eating a sensible diet.

I love green tea too, drink tons of the stuff. It does seem to nudge me in the right direction too as when ive had less ive had smaller losses but that could just be coincidence.
I asked about green tea a few weeks back and someone (think it was vixxter) posted a great reply for me. Dont really know anything about the pills though. It definatley ...ahem clears you out too.

Thanks - I'll go look for your thread and replies.

I don't want to take the pills - I'm happy drinking it lol. I just hadn't thought of green tea as something to help in this sense lol xxx

Found it, it was lesserme who posted it .

got this from googling

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]To sum up, here are just a few medical conditions in which drinking green tea is reputed to be helpful:[/FONT]

• [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]cancer[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]rheumatoid arthritis[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]high cholesterol levels[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]cariovascular disease[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]infection[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]impaired immune function[/FONT]​
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Other Benefits[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]New evidence is emerging that green tea can even help dieters. In November, 1999, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published the results of a study at the University of Geneva in Switzerland. Researchers found that men who were given a combination of caffeine and green tea extract burned more calories than those given only caffeine or a placebo.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Harmful Effects? [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]To date, the only negative side effect reported from drinking green tea is insomnia due to the fact that it contains caffeine.[/FONT]

I take the green tea capsules. I tried drinking the tea but I didn't like it that much and I would have needed to drink at least 4 cups a day for it to have any weight loss benefits.
The capsules I take are just one a day. It isn't miracle weight loss, but if you're sticking to a diet it can help boost weight losses by an extra 1-2lb a month. But it won't work unless you're already eating a sensible diet.

Thanks hun! Hope I am already on a sensible diet lol ;)

I have been drinking about 5 cups a day, more this weekend as drank loads sat watching True Blood box set lol! Not drinking it past 8pm though as with anything like this.

xoxo

Thanks hun! Hope I am already on a sensible diet lol ;)

I have been drinking about 5 cups a day, more this weekend as drank loads sat watching True Blood box set lol! Not drinking it past 8pm though as with anything like this.

xoxo

Ohh, I love True Blood, Stephen Meyer is gorgeous, very brooding.

I don't think you're supposed to have green tea after 4pm as it can keep you awake at night. But if it doesn't affect your sleeping patterns then your fine. If you notice your struggling to sleep then cut back to 6pm or something.

Ohh, I love True Blood, Stephen Meyer is gorgeous, very brooding.

I don't think you're supposed to have green tea after 4pm as it can keep you awake at night. But if it doesn't affect your sleeping patterns then your fine. If you notice your struggling to sleep then cut back to 6pm or something.

I know!!! Bill, Jason and Eric are all hotties. I have a weird obsession with vampires and adore the Twilight saga too. My OH thinks I am slightly potty lol!

4pm! OMG! That's early! Crickey, I'll bear that in mind then. I dreamt of blood last night but put it down to True Blood marathon yesterday...hopefully the tea didn't make it worse lol.

I'll cut back if I struggle to sleep or buy decaf version for in evening xxx

I drink loads of it and have done for a while now. My favorite is green tea with cranberry and the jasmine green tea. I found that my losses are better when I drink a lot of it but i always put that down to the fact that I was more hydrated and peeing more!!!!

I drink a couple of large mugs a day. It helps curb my appetite and it definitely gives me a whoosh in the loo departments! Don't worry too much about the caffeine - there are lower levels in it than in ordinary tea and coffee.

I like the fruity ones like mango or grapefruit and pineapple, cranberry, and jasmine too.

Back