Green Tea

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Littleali21, 22 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Littleali21

Littleali21 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya!!

Always reading about the benefits of green tea, how good it is for weight loss etc.

Thing is, I dont like the teabag versions, but like this....

http://i.groceries.asda.com/g/456/353/5000177456353_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

I know we dont calorie count, but it has aprx 145 calories in it.... do you think the fact that it is REALLY good for ya, outweighs the sugar/calories?

Thanks in advance

xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Emm .... no sorry. If it was really that good for you it wouldn't be that high in calories!

4. PinkyCharl

PinkyCharl Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.99%)
    To get the benefits of green tea, you have to drink a fair amount regularly, and those 145 calories would soon add up! How about using loose green tea leaves & put in some lemon juice to taste? also, don't make it as strong as you would black tea - it's supposed to be drank fairly weak.

5. Littleali21

Littleali21 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks, i have tried normal green tea in most forms, with lots of diff things, and hated it all!!

thanks for the advice tho....

x

6. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It has sugar as the second ingredient and "tea extract" as the third. So more sugar than tea. And what is "tea extract" - how much actual green tea is there in that? No way of knowing.

If you made a weak brew of green tea, added sweeteners and maybe some lemon or lime juice, and chilled it, you could probably make an approximation which would be free.

145 calories is an awful lot for a drink.

7. emzee_t

emzee_t Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know it isn't the greatest tasting thing in the world but its packed full of antioxidants, good at cleansing the body from toxins and is a great appetite suppressant. I think its worth the strange taste in the long run.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.