Group vs. Online very confused :s

kaynnate19

Hiya,

I currently attend a group but I dont feel like I get much out of it other than wi and i get so stressed and nervous throughout the week about going to group that it affects how I eat throuhgout the week, I'm an emotional eater :( so not so long ago i posted about joining sw online so i was wondering what your opinions are on both? It is my third time joining sw with the same leader and i'd feel bad about leaving again even though effectively im paying just to be weighed.

Any thoughts from your knowledgeable selves would be a great help :)

Thanks in advance x

Hiya,

I currently attend a group but I dont feel like I get much out of it other than wi and i get so stressed and nervous throughout the week about going to group that it affects how I eat throuhgout the week, I'm an emotional eater :( so not so long ago i posted about joining sw online so i was wondering what your opinions are on both? It is my third time joining sw with the same leader and i'd feel bad about leaving again even though effectively im paying just to be weighed.

Any thoughts from your knowledgeable selves would be a great help :)

Thanks in advance x

I do mine online. There were a few reasons that influenced my decision to do so - first am a single mum and being in rural Ireland means my nearest group was an hour away and would have had to bring them with me. Second, I like answers & don't suffer fools gladly - and a friend was going to class and said she got nothing out of it and the consultant had 2 stock answers to any question - eat more fruit & here's a diary sheet - write everything down and we'll look at it next week :rolleyes:. Third, I can motivate myself when I want to & I'm not that desperate to even know my weight, just that my shape is changing.
That said - there is a group starting nearer to me and I might try it. I know some UK groups are great & I'd like to perhaps meet exercise buddies, or recipe, clothes swap - stuff like that.
So all in all, if you get nothing out of the class I'd give it up - online all you have to do is weigh in but then you have your body magic challenges, recipes, e-mail support, fit log etc.
You really should not be one bit concerned about going to class, for that reason alone I'd say stop going until you've sorted the problem behind that out. Good Luck whatever you decide.

Thanks alot largerthanmost for your reply and advice, and I think I might try it online I'm a sinle mum too and I sometimes have to take my son with me which is boring for him. I think I would be ok motivating myself too, I like the idea of the awards but if you can do them online too that is a big plus for me :) my leader does tend to give blanket answers as well and if your not feeling very positive she doesn't really want to know and isn't very encouraging. It's just plucking up the courage lol to say I'm going to give it a try online (I'm such a wimp lol) and then hopefully I'll be more relaxed and then that will have a knock on effect ad it will be good to choose my own wi time/day etc. Thank you x

I kept putting off going to the meetings and so I decided to just do it online instead, and I have had absolutely no regrets. I just couldn't stand the thought of having to sit in an hour long meeting just to get weighed. The SW website is really useful for recipes and syn values but I found I get a lot out of the support and advice I've found on MiniMins. I also find that keeping a food diary on here allows me to keep track of my syns and HEXs. Without it I don't think I would have had as successful losses as you have to face what you've eaten each day. It's also great to get other members input on your eating habits and find inspiration for new recipes and snacking ideas.

Overall, I'd highly recommend doing SW online. Good luck with it!

I'm new to minimins and have found everyone to be really nice and always there to offer advice or even if they can't offer advice they still reply.
With the group I go to luckily you get weighed first! So you don't have to sit through the talk part lol

Thanks for your reply :) x

Back