Grr stupid grr small minded people

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by RainbowCookie, 27 February 2009 Social URL.

1. RainbowCookie

RainbowCookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.76%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Ive been having a mooch round the net as I am very very bored.. found another site where someone had said they were doing LC and then they get replies like this..

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHH

It makes me so angry when people get on their high horses about things they know absolutely nothing about.

I am so fed up with people tutting at me when I say im doing this.. it cant possibley be healthy you know.. all that meat.. and NO vegetables! ffs.

There, rant over.

Ps. I replied to the thread above and pointed the woman in the direction of here.. hopefully she will find us and get some proper advice.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *AnnaMaria*

*AnnaMaria* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    She knows nothing :) and yet thinks she is smarter than Mr Atkins, several million scientists, and billions of dieters who have lost weight via ketosis and not low cal. On low cal I was always starving. I think that carbs actually make you hungry, and make you crave, and that is exactly why majority of low cal losers end up putting it straight back on again.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Eee, there's some ignorant people out there :(

There's a number of things wrong with what she's saying. I'll pick up on a few (as I do :D)
    Umm, but if she's WW, she needs to restrict fats (including healthy fats). No disrepect to WW, it's a way of keeping calories low. She is certainly denying her body a food group.

A complete misunderstanding of a ketogenic diet. She says that you need to reduce calories, which is what happens on a ketogenic diet. The appetite supressant side of it leads to less food intake.

But even frying in healthy oils such as olive oil?

Yeah, get veg with Atkins. Also get more protein to spare lean loss and to keep hunger at bay :clap:

Sounds like fun :D

Sort of agree with most of that, but you are aware that Atkins is general low cal?

You can only lose weight by energy (cals) out being more than cals in. That's the great thing about Atkins. It's easy to automatically reduce calories because the appetite is reduced.

5. *AnnaMaria*

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Yeah, I meant low fat rather than low cal.

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Thought you meant that. Was just checking :D

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    A couple of years ago I posted some before and after pics on a site like that. Talk about flame wars. LOL

and I was excused of photo shopping them..

8. RainbowCookie

RainbowCookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(12.76%)
    Diet:
    W8
    I agree, I lost a st on ww last year, but it was a real real struggle, I was permenantly hungry and completely food obsessed. Now at least im not hungry, :4633::rotflmao:

9. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Jim if you are that good at photo shopping PLEASE make me slim in pics!!!! ;););););)

xxx

10. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I know Jools, anything but believe the evidence staring them in the face.

11. donedoingthis

donedoingthis Full Member

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    please do not get me started on this lol, 3yrs ago now i lost 5 and ahalf stone in 4 months on CD, i was thrilled, i had lots of naysayers telling me how awful it was and loosing it too quick would mean i would pile it on even quicker, well for a year i maintained with little effort, until my best mates daughter died, and then i just lost it, bannoffee pie from costco benders were the order of the day and yes that weight went on so fast but not all, then other stuff happened and eventually all the weight went on, and then they started, `oh its cos you did that terrible diet` and i say to them, ok how many people so you know who do SW WW etc and put the weight back on ? and how many who did cd ? i bet they always know more people who put it back on with the `standerd diets,` and it took me two years to `pop` it all back on, and one of the worst offenders in this attitude was a ex slimmer of the year who put all her weight back on the year after!

of course when i started doing cd again recently they all shook their heads and said oh poor you dont get that thin again! and when i changed over to low carb this week `oh im glad your not doing that awful cd again but isnt low carb atkins ? dont you know that will kill you !!` omg i am about ready to rip their arms off and bash them with the soggy bits lol, i now just refuse to discuss it with them until they research it a bit, cos it is soooo annoying,

12. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I can certainly agree with that one. If I had a quid for every time that was said to me, I could retire now.

13. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lighter life /slim and save
    OMG lmao im soo gona use this one :0)love it:8855:

14. Jaybar

Jaybar Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.29%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I've had all this from my sister tonight.
    'It can't be good for you eating all that fat'. Even after I explained it she was sceptical :sigh:
    It sure beats being obese anyways!!

15. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Well now, I'd call that an incentive to do well JB, she'll be so jealous when your skinny.

16. Jaybar

Jaybar Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(7.29%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Very true Jim :D

17. Rela

Rela Wannabe Lean!!!

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.4%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb / Wii Fit LOL
    The thing is with eejits like that is that they've been misinformed, its the people doing the informing that need a good dose of reality, and some doctors are the worst culprits! My stepmom had to have her gall bladder out last year, and as soon as the surgeon found out she had been on low carb diet he immediately said that was the cause and she had brought it on herself!!!!!!!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. donedoingthis

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    what a stupid thing for a doctor to say, its scarey really just how misinformed people are,

20. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Rela said:
    I had the same with my Dr. When he was telling me to lose weight or I'd die, I said I wanted to try Atkins and he went mad. We came to a compromise, he gave me a full medical and the results were awful.

1. I was morbidly obese (Over the maximum 25 stone on his scales).
    2. My blood test results were scary, very high Cholesterol.
    3. I had extremely high Blood Pressure.
    4. My liver and kidney function tests were bad, very high liver fats.

He decided that he would test me each month and if the tests got worse I would have to stop Atkins.

After 6 months of weight loss and improving tests he was convinced, amazed but convinced that Atkins was right for me. Notice he said "Right for me".

At my last medical I'm pleased to say that I'm in good form. All tests came out very well and my blood pressure is now normal, my blood tests are Very good and my kidney and liver tests are way better than most for my age.

So, result for Atkins then!

Sorry, that was a bit of a rant .

21. *AnnaMaria*

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Very interesting Jim :)

22. donedoingthis

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    You know i was told by one of the doctors in my practise to go see the practise nurse and she would sort out a diet for me, that would be healthy, cos i mentioned i was going to do cd again, so i said ok, walked into the appt with the nurse, who was twice the size i was and who proceeded to tell me all about how to lose weight, i was that gob smacked i sat there the whole time just not really taking in what she said, and then when i went on monday to see my own doc in the practise she asked was i doing the diet and i said no cos the practise nurse is twice my size and i couldnt take her seriously, and told her about this low carbing and after she asked what knd of things i was eating and if i was taking vitamins she was happy with it,

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.