grr why am I hungry?!

lottie_2015

I literally never get hungry on this diet & usually have to push myself to have all 3 packs, but last night and today i'm starving?! It's not totm that was last week, could it be because I've got a cold? x

I've been having the same thing today - nothing changed except not enuf sleep and stress at work and been starving all day ?...still stayed 100% but was a struggle!!

They do say feed a cold, starve a fever - I know it's an old wives tale kind of thing, but I've always lived by it ;)

I actually read somewhere ages ago that it should be the other way round for some reason Queen Bizzle. Don't ask me why but I recall reading that. :D

Lottie and Hmaclean, I am exactly the same the past two days! Keeping myself busy and drinking no end of water but feel starving. They have been quite stressful days so maybe that's it but it's such a struggle to stay 100%. The only thing keeping me going is I can see on my 30 Day Challenge poster that it's day 7 and I have a 6 day 100% streak I can't bare to ruin. I want to be able to write that 100% under day 7, damn it!

Your own success is the best inspiration :) I defo need a chart to start ticking!!!!

My chart is literally the only thing keeping me going because I have no patience with these things and I can't see any difference in the mirror. I started at 213lbs and am only 5'2" so I have like half my body weight to shift. First target though is 30 days / get under 200lbs... then under 190lbs!

This is my colourful 30 day challenge! It's right in front of my desk so I see it all the time.

photo.JPG

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 46
AWWWW It's so cute!!! I'm gonna sit and draw one later when I'm needing distraction :D

Thanks! :D My motivation scrapbook is HUGE so I'm looking for other things to distract me in the evenings. (Back to work tomorrow! :sigh: ) I like feeling distracted and productive so I can't keep on watching TV/reading. It doesn't stop the food thoughts, ha! So next idea is a photo album - another creative thing to do with my hands and look at later. I was going to start collecting healthy recipe and snack ideas for when I come off but I can't bare to do that right now!

I'm the same, I can't just sit and watch TV, my hands need to be busy - whether typing, sewing, or what I used to do - EATING! haha. Especially if i'm hungry. I need distration from it. And TV just has constant food adverts anyway!! Never safe. You should post some pics of your scrap book when you get a chance :) x

Defo couldn't do a reciepe book....Ide get hungry just looking at it. I have also considered giving up tv....!!!! Literally every other advert is for food!!!!!! No wonder we are a nation of chubbys....altho for us that will soon be changing :)

Been 100% - can't wait for thurs - really wana see a great loss for week 2! Hope you've all had a good wknd too and looking forward to seeing your losses this coming week :) x

First day today - 100% - in fact I still have food to eat haha. Weigh in for me is a friday. Looking forward to seeing everyones losses to spur me on!!!! x

PHEW! Day 7 is done and i've coloured it in and ticked it off with a big 100% underneath it. Pleaseeee let it get easier when I'm at work! Might have to save two meals for after I finish and just have one during the day because I really struggle in the afternoons. Back to work tomorrow! Had just gotten used to time off!!

Well done for doing a whole week :D that's amazing!!!! I'm counting day one as the biggest achievement ever!! haha xx

The first few days definitely are a very big achievement! Oh Biz, I forgot to mention... didn't you say you'd bought those ketostix or whatever they're called? I've heard they aren't very reliable because the more water you drink on these plans the better. However, the stix don't pick up the keotones in the urine because it's diluted. So I wouldn't pay too much attention to them. If you're losing weight then you must be in ketosis because otherwise you wouldn't be losing so much so fast.

You know when you're in ketosis as your breath stinks. REALLY stinks!

Also I often find by week 3-4 I want to feed everyone around me, I get a crazy cooking urge but don't need to eat. Weird!

How long does it really take to get into ketosis on Exante? Their site says 2-7 days but I'm skeptical. I think it took me about 4 days on LT but that seems to be faster. My OH told me when my breath stunk last time and I could tell too. But this time I can't notice any difference and he swears it isn't bad yet :S I hope I am in ketosis!

Also, does anyone know about exercising on Exante? I've heard some people say their weight loss stops as soon as they exercise but I don't understand how that could be once you're body is used to using its fat stores. I even did 3 hours of exercise on Thursday in between meals to try and make sure I went into ketosis! (Had badminton games organised and had to cycle there)

For me it's round day 3-4. Everyone is different though. I've been starving today (day 3) but now my mouth feels all metallic.

As for exercise I think it's got something to do with the really low calories you're eating. If you start doing exercise your body just takes the easy route and slows down or something... I can't recall the proper science. I think LT has some info on that.

Thanks for the heads up becca, I'll be wary of those sticks then just in case! Only cost £4 so no great loss. I don't think i'm in ketosis even though my carbs have been under 40g for 4 days now. My mouth doesn't taste or smell weird yet hehe. No other tell tale signs although I am nippy haha. :)

Regarding exercise, I think that when people say they haven't lost that week, it's just because exercising makes your muscles retain water, which in turn makes the scales say you're heavier. You're not any fatter, you may have even lost fat, just gained water - does that make any sense ? I can't believe exercise could ever force a gain, unless you are a bodybuilder eating like 5 chickens a day or whatever and you're building muscles - which is extremely hard for women. Calories in vs calories used is still the main way our bodies work. So to me blaming exercise for gain is ludicrous... only my opinion obviously.

I've been researching exercise and VLCD and some people say resistance or weight training is good, as it helps you retain any muscles you aleready have, rather than losing them to the VLCD, which is good news for me as I hate cardio. I'm quite strong, which I believe is due to my muscles carrying around the excess weight, hwhen I go gym with girls, I lift 4x as much as them - with ease. I'm not muscley tho, as I'm chubby ;) But I don't want to lose my strength on exact - so I will continue to do Legs,bums,tums and other classes each week, and when I use the step machine or the cross trainer, I'm going to do slow pace and higher resistance. I'm also gonna keep walking. Today I've walked 4 miles which was enjoyable.

I don't want to give up exercise to do exact because for me, this diet is about changing my habits. I want exercise to become a good daily habit :) xx

Haha I get so irritable when I don't eat!

Ah I think you'll have muscles under the fat though! I'm stronger than my OH and play a lot of badminton. I can feel muscles underneath in my arms so hopefully getting some weight off will show them! I've heard that about resistance training too and from next week I'm going to go to those sort of toning/conditioning fitness classes. They're so tough! lol. Not this week though because I have a lot on in the evenings after work this week and won't have time :(

And yeh same about changing habits! That's another reason I'm sticking it out - to change my relationship with food and show myself that I can eat just three times a day and not massive portions. I like my exercise too. Definitely won't stop because I'm on Exante but I'll listen to my body and stop when I need to.

1st week weigh in this morning! ... -10.2lbs !!! A lot more than the first time I did it! Must be drinking so much water constantly :D
Going to expect a small weight loss this week of 1-2lbs because of the big loss this week. That's how it goes some times.

Off to work now! :( Good luck today everyone! Keep going! I want to hear how you've got on when I'm back this evening ;)

Back