Grrr

flipflop

Just follow the plan
Had to cook my DH a pizza, me and the kids had already eaten as DS has gone on a hike with Scouts.

Man did that pizza look tempting, pepperoni too. Still, just poured a glass of red wine which I will savour with some onion and chive cottage cheese. I know how to live, me!

Had to cook my DH a pizza, me and the kids had already eaten as DS has gone on a hike with Scouts.

Man did that pizza look tempting, pepperoni too. Still, just poured a glass of red wine which I will savour with some onion and chive cottage cheese. I know how to live, me!
LOL...i know that feeling pizza is my favour, but i burn my hubbies......then not so tasty looking.....:rolleyes::eek:

LOL, usually he would have done something like that himself but he cycled home in the rain, so I felt obliged lol, next week he can have a salad!

try this if you're missing pizza!

firstly - let me just say i HATE smash! ...and i posted on here last week saying that my consultant said i could have free pizza!!! ... using SMASH as a base. well i love her to death now because she did it, i tried it out of politeness, expecting to gag when chewing and i eat me words - it was LOVELY!!! i swear to god you can't taste potato...not that SMASH tastes of potato anyway!!

it's free on a green day too - FREE PIZZA! this diet is going to be so much easier now that i can eat the forbidden!

FREE PIZZA RECIPE
  • 1 x bag of SMASH (apparently the cheaper the make the better, so will try it with smartprice instant mash soon)
  • tomato puree
  • any cheese(s) from health extras
  • oregano and basil
  • any toppings such as onion, mushroom, sweetcorn, even quorn fajita strips!
  1. pre-heat the oven and put a pizza tray in to warm up.
  2. put SMASH into a bowl and slowly add water - make it as thick as possible...could always add some herbs to the base or some garlic.
  3. take pizza tray out of oven and spray with fry-light.
  4. using your hands spread SMASH out onto the pizza tray, but don't press down too hard...make it about 3 or 4mm thick (any thicker and it won't taste nice)
  5. put in the oven for 7-10 minutes
  6. take out of oven, turn SMASH base over and put back in over for a further 7-10 minutes to crisp the other side.
  7. remove from oven and leave to cool slightly.
  8. bung all other ingrediants on and grill until cheese has melted.
  9. eat the whole bloody thing to yourself! :eatdrink012:

Last edited:
i am so going to try that pizza hahaha

Thanks for the recipe. I did try it once but made the smash too soggy, so it was nothing like pizza in the end! Will have another go, also did realise you needed to turn it over. Could well work this time.

there's definately an art to it! you have to make the base REALLY thin and bake it both side until crispy.

i think if you let it cool down a bit before putting the puree on will stop it going soggy too. :)

Back