GRRRR RANT RANT

NettyJ

IF one more person tells me that i shouldnt lose any more weight i will screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam.

im still 13 stone. i am still in a size 16 (14 in some) and I am still hideous in front of the mirror naked !

Im going to come to work in the nuddy and then Im sure they will change their minds....

I know what you mean, I am almost looking forward to this. all they constantly say to me is

'you will put it all back on'
'it will change your personality'

just smile and say but I havent finished yet!

lol megan, i cant win. 12 weeks ago it was the same, it wont work, blah blah questions questions.

then quiet until people noticed

now its questions questions dont lose any more. cant win.

wish people would keep their opinions (not compliments tho) to themselves !

Yes, extremely annoying.

Nice to have compliments, obviously. But we don't need lectures.

And what gives them the right... OK I'M GOING TO STOP BECAUSE I'LL START RANTING IN A MINUTE!!

If people would only mind their own business...

Lynne
x

Unfortunatley doubting thomases always want everyone to fail, but keep up the good work and dont stop till youve reached your goal.

lol megan, i cant win. 12 weeks ago it was the same, it wont work, blah blah questions questions.

then quiet until people noticed

now its questions questions dont lose any more. cant win.

wish people would keep their opinions (not compliments tho) to themselves !

I know exactly how you feel Netty I am the same height as you and am at 13 stone now too in a 14. I get it all the time that if I lose anymore weight I'm going to look emaciated! Hardly! Lol

They've even taken to ring up my boyf to get him to convince me!

I just smile poilitely when they say anything and tell them I'm sure my body will tell me when to stop.

You got me on a roll now lol. What annoys me even more is have you noticed it's always skinny people that say it! :eek:

Arghhhhhh!!!!

I'm gonna breathe again now!

Mmm
I seem to recall that many of the people who told me in the past that I didn't need to lose more weight fell into various categories: for example,
overweight themselves and unable to commit to a diet or used to good old rotund me as the always available single friend.
One friend was genuine in her concerns - but I think that culturally she had a different perception of slim to my view.
Ignore the comments; you know exactly what you want to achieve.

I think that when people start saying 'don't lose anymore' it means that you are looking good and they are starting to get a bit uncomfortable with it.

I know I am cynical. The only people who say it to me are people who are getting a bit jealous if i'm honest! I laugh quietly on the inside.

See it as a compliment and enjoy it....and carry on losing weight until you get the way you want!

I get this ALOT at the moment - someone said the other day I was losing too much off my face, which did ouch as she scrunched up her face in an attempt to show how horrifying I was looking. Size 14 at the moment and yep, still v wobby naked, still got more that needs to go.

Even got told I wasn't as *nice* thin. They might be right as thought to myself GOOD! xxx

Im going to come to work in the nuddy and then Im sure they will change their minds....

Where do you work? :D

Yeah, I've started to get that from a couple of people now, though I think it's because I'm still in my fat-guy baggy T-shirts since my new ones still don't quite fit. The T-shirt I have on right now makes me look like a beanpole even thought I'm obviously not.

I get the same. I am still 12 stone and have plenty to lose yet. My CDC did say that people carry weight in different ways though and she says I 'look' a stone and a half lighter than I really am so perhaps the rest of you do too!

I think that when people start saying 'don't lose anymore' it means that you are looking good and they are starting to get a bit uncomfortable with it.

I really agree with that.

Suddenly you are not the "fat" one of the two girls stood at the bar and they start to bring you coffee and a cake when popping in to say hello.

I love my friends dearly but really agree that this happens when they start to feel uncomfortable.

I'm happy with my weight-loss and I'm going to keep going until I feel right, when I decide I feel better! :happy036:

Back