Grrrrr!!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Marie_D, 3 October 2007 Social URL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I am supposed to be back to counting points today, yet here I am, sitting in the sofa, watching tv...eating a box of chocolates!!!!! :eek:

Am I hungry?....NO! Do I feel sick?....YES!! Do I need or even want to be eating?....NO!! SO WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING?!!!!!

I think there is something wrong with me - seriously - I have a clear obsession with eating, even when I don't need or want to eat!!

I am so sick of my constant pigging out and not being able to stop myself :cry::cry::cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Ummmm. Eating??

No. You are just like many of us. There is nothing wrong with you, but there is stuff you need to work on.

You know the diet works, but it helps if you did some head stuff to help you manage it.

Oh blimey. Me and my 'head stuff'. Is that all I talk about these days[​IMG]

Lots of hugs hun, there is light at the end of the tunnel. :hug99:

5. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Marie

I am exactly the same hun. Ive just sat here and pigged not one but two bags of crisps. WHY??? I didn't enjoy them. I didn't even want the first bag so why did I go on and have a second bag??

xx

6. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

ive done exactly the same ive been eating bread sticks humous and gateaux

7. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It just doesn't make any sense does it!

I'm sat watching the music channels now (seeing all the skinnies dancing around usually kick starts my motivation!), so I was watching a Anastasia video and she has one cracking figure (don't think she even knows what chocolate or pizza taste like!!! Lol!) and I was thinking "I want a figure like that!"...and with that, I got up and started rummaging through the kitchen cupboards to see if I could find any more junk food!!! Why!? It would be funny if it wasn't getting me down so much!

I did make the decision to throw away the rest of the chocolate though, and I even moved it outside into the main bin so I couldn't sneak it back out the kitchen bin (and yes, I probably really would have done that!). So now the only goodies we have left are crisps, and I can't eat many more of those because OH needs them for work, plus they're only 2 points a pack anyway so I can't do a massive amount of damage with those even if I wanted to (not like I could with the carrier bag full of chocolate I had sitting in the cupboard).

I don't understand why I can't just make the decision to stop eating crap and just do it! It's not as if I don't want to! Sounds ridiculous I know, but I just can't do it! Argh!!!!

8. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

why do we do itxx

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I really don't know!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

10. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

me neither:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:xx

11. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Right Marie

Me and you have to get our strict weight watchers heads on babes! How about it?? Fresh start in the morning??

xx

12. andi

andi Bye bye bellies!!!

Diet:
    JUDD
    I know the feeling Marie. People used to laugh at me because I would sit and read a slimming magazine from cover to cover while eating crisps and chocolate! I have renewed enthusiasm because I really need to get control back and get myself together to build a good life for me and the kids but all that can go out the window in a flash when I have a coffee in my hand and the choccie biscuits are calling! Tomorrow is another day love - we will get there!

Ax

13. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Oh dear...I wish I'd come on here and read this thread before I ate that cheesecake for breakfast :eek:

14. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Oh dear!

Listen you are just "normal", unfortunately the link between food/eating and emotion is so very very very strong. You are beating yourself up because you conciously don't want the food but your sub concious does and the fight between the two means you end up eating and then feeling bad, then eating etc etc etc.

The reality is that 99.99% of this whole dieting lark is in your head, it really has nothing to do with the food itself, that is merely the channel your sub concious is using as you are happy/sad/bored/lonely/celebratory etc etc.

The one thing I have learnt is that if you beat yourself up and question your sanity then that never leads to self control, it tends to lead to more eating and then the vicious circle kicks in.

I sometimes don't understand why I want to eat something ! But I do want to eat something so instead of self analysing too much I just "snack" on something like an apple as I get the sub concious satisfaction without the calories.

M.

15. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yeah, come on Marie, you need to start thinking about why you are doing this.

So true. There is a reason, and it's not the food. Whenever you feel you are going to eat something you 'shouldn't', what about writing down how you feel and why you want it.

Okay, you'll probably write "I want it cos its yum", but it'll be yum anytime so you will realise there is more to it than that.

So write down why you are chosing these other foods. If nothing else it will give you a pause. A pause is an amazing skill to adopt. It will help during the diet and for life ever after. It takes away the immediate compulsion to eat now.

You can do this, but you need to stop beating yourself up for doing what feels natural for you at the moment. Just try to find another way around this.

16. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

how you doing mariexx

17. cd121272

cd121272 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    How are you madam? You have been quiet again!!

Hope you are doing ok????

C xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. NikkiH

NikkiH Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.13%)
    Diet:
    was weight watchers but are drifting apart, am having an affair with Lipotrim...
    Oh Marie.. have missed so so much with you!! from what I can gather you did cd and came back to us?? it made you really sick? you poor thing! I can imagine the same would happen to me for some reason. Well done for trying pet!!

I would say you are finding ww difficult because of the tiny amount of points your on - from what I can remember 19? - I dont know how you do it and am fairly sure that if I was on that amount I would go over too.. and you know how it is, once go over a bit - think "might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" and go crazy altogether. Im finding it really difficult on my now 22points a day. I was great with 26 but just because im getting smaller doesnt mean I dont want the same amount of food. lol. Must be hard for you pet.

hope your ok xx

20. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

how you doin mariexx

21. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Right this is getting locked... since Marie is in a great frame of mins there'll be no Grrrrs from her and Im not giving her an excuse to add to it ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.