GRUMP (rant, sorry)

Lady Mhoram

I am feeling really fustrated today. My tendonitis came back with avengance and I have been signed off work for another week. I don't like being stuck at home and I still can't go out with the local hiking club.

To make matters worse I blew my syns out of the water last night. I had some friends over and I made some free meat kebabs and got cheese curls and other low syns snacks in. However, a friend brought a chocolate cake and cut everyone a piece. I didn't even want it, but I felt like I would be a spoil sport if I didn't join in and would be letting them down, and I guess I was maybe a bit embaressed to admit I was on a diet. So I ate the stupid thing. I am sure I wont lose this week now :(

I find food in social situations hard to deal with. I never get cravings, there is so much chocolate in the house that I never touch, I baked a batch of cupcakes last week and didn't even lick the spoon - but I feel bad not joining in with things.

We try and have nights in together every couple of weeks and there are normally pizzas and cakes and total junk. I am not sure how to avoid it all.

I guess I'll have to tell them about my diet and take my own food with me - pots of pasta, fun size milky bars to have if the others bring cakes. I think I just wasn't prepared for what to do or say last night.

I guess I have learnt from this and will be more ready for it next time.

Sorry for the rant - helps to tell someone

It could have been a lot worse Huni, you could have eaten the whole cake!! If you are sticking to your syns, then one piece isnt going to hurt you, so please dont fret!
As for the eating in bit, are you ready to tell your friends that you are on a diet, or that you are healthy eating? as there is a difference! You can have home made pizza if you want. Also encourage your friends to sample some food, you may find that they would be keen to help you...after all, they are your friends!

I am feeling really fustrated today. My tendonitis came back with avengance and I have been signed off work for another week. I don't like being stuck at home and I still can't go out with the local hiking club.

To make matters worse I blew my syns out of the water last night. I had some friends over and I made some free meat kebabs and got cheese curls and other low syns snacks in. However, a friend brought a chocolate cake and cut everyone a piece. I didn't even want it, but I felt like I would be a spoil sport if I didn't join in and would be letting them down, and I guess I was maybe a bit embaressed to admit I was on a diet. So I ate the stupid thing. I am sure I wont lose this week now :(

I find food in social situations hard to deal with. I never get cravings, there is so much chocolate in the house that I never touch, I baked a batch of cupcakes last week and didn't even lick the spoon - but I feel bad not joining in with things.

We try and have nights in together every couple of weeks and there are normally pizzas and cakes and total junk. I am not sure how to avoid it all.

I guess I'll have to tell them about my diet and take my own food with me - pots of pasta, fun size milky bars to have if the others bring cakes. I think I just wasn't prepared for what to do or say last night.

I guess I have learnt from this and will be more ready for it next time.

Sorry for the rant - helps to tell someone

not being cheeky here but is there anyone else out of your group that is overweight? cos what i would do is dont tell them you are on a [STRIKE]diet[/STRIKE] healthy eating plan. the next time you have a meet up do syn free food and sit there and eat a lot of it!! quark could be made into a pudding of some kind, syn free pasta/rice. erm mini chicken kebabs. ham rolls (slices of ham rolled in with a low fat filling). once you have had a few meet ups let on that you are on a healthy eating plan and watch their faces drop in amazement at all the food you are putting away and still losing weight!:D

forget about last night.....just carry on as normal with your daily allocated syns. if you put on then you know why but it wont be the last time cos there will be times when you want to go "carefree" and food isnt meant to stress you out. living is for living!!

its a shame you got signed off work, but use the time to do some recipe investigating and planning for that next night out. wow them!

and one big massive hug to you!:love::D

It could have been a lot worse Huni, you could have eaten the whole cake!! If you are sticking to your syns, then one piece isnt going to hurt you, so please dont fret!
As for the eating in bit, are you ready to tell your friends that you are on a diet, or that you are healthy eating? as there is a difference! You can have home made pizza if you want. Also encourage your friends to sample some food, you may find that they would be keen to help you...after all, they are your friends!

Thank you for your kind words and good advice. Yes, I am going to tell them about Slimming World and I am sure it will be OK for me to bring my own food and an alternative for cake. I think I will be more prepared next time and hopefully not caught off gaurd.

Thank you :)

First things first...one slice of cake is not the end of the diet!! You've got a week's worth of syns - use them. It won't stop you losing.

As Mrs V said, speak to your friends. You don't have to directly tell them you're on a diet, but just say you're on a bit of a health kick and suggest perhaps that when you get together you should all bring healthy stuff and give it a whirl together! They might enjoy it! But if they aren't up for it, you can still take your healthy stuff.

It's hard getting out of that 'missing out' mindset - when everyone around you is eating bad stuff it's so hard to resist. But when you do resist I can guarantee that you will feel a-ma-zing! It's such a good feeling being good...it gets addicitve :)

not being cheeky here but is there anyone else out of your group that is overweight? cos what i would do is dont tell them you are on a [STRIKE]diet[/STRIKE] healthy eating plan. the next time you have a meet up do syn free food and sit there and eat a lot of it!! quark could be made into a pudding of some kind, syn free pasta/rice. erm mini chicken kebabs. ham rolls (slices of ham rolled in with a low fat filling). once you have had a few meet ups let on that you are on a healthy eating plan and watch their faces drop in amazement at all the food you are putting away and still losing weight!:D

forget about last night.....just carry on as normal with your daily allocated syns. if you put on then you know why but it wont be the last time cos there will be times when you want to go "carefree" and food isnt meant to stress you out. living is for living!!

its a shame you got signed off work, but use the time to do some recipe investigating and planning for that next night out. wow them!

and one big massive hug to you!:love::D

Someone else in my group is doing Slimming World as well, but they have always had one night a week 'off' plan to have treats. She still has good losses eacv week. I tried doing it once, but I never lost weight, so I stopped. Most of these nights in she'll just have what everyone else is anyway.

I think I just need to be a bit stronger and make sure I have other things that I can enjoy or bring things we can all have together, so I don't feel like I'm the odd one out.

Thank you, you made me feel better *hugs*

I'm sorry to hear you've been signed off work. I agree with what's been said. When the time is right, let on you're on a healthy eating plan and if they're true friends (which they sound like they are) they will be more than supportive.

What is done is done, and what is eaten can't be uneaten :p Today is a new day, so good luck, have a great week!

Natt xxx

an idea to try is wear a pretty bracelet/bangle or perhaps a ring . when you feel your motivation going or want that incentive to get going just gently touch the bracelet/bangle (or whatever you want) and say to yourself a wee mantra like "i will not have anything/ nice to look but horrible to eat" something like that and that will give you the courage to refrain from eating.

also when you have had enough, pop a mint/chewing gum into your mouth so you cant eat more.

First things first...one slice of cake is not the end of the diet!! You've got a week's worth of syns - use them. It won't stop you losing.

As Mrs V said, speak to your friends. You don't have to directly tell them you're on a diet, but just say you're on a bit of a health kick and suggest perhaps that when you get together you should all bring healthy stuff and give it a whirl together! They might enjoy it! But if they aren't up for it, you can still take your healthy stuff.

It's hard getting out of that 'missing out' mindset - when everyone around you is eating bad stuff it's so hard to resist. But when you do resist I can guarantee that you will feel a-ma-zing! It's such a good feeling being good...it gets addicitve :)

Thanks for the reply. I will tell them next time we arrange to do something and suggest that we each bring something healthy, or I will bring a pasta n sauce instead. I'm sure they will be supportive and wont make me feel bad - it's just me worrying.

I love being good, and I like my slimming world meals and puddings even more than my old ones! :)

Thank you

an idea to try is wear a pretty bracelet/bangle or perhaps a ring . when you feel your motivation going or want that incentive to get going just gently touch the bracelet/bangle (or whatever you want) and say to yourself a wee mantra like "i will not have anything/ nice to look but horrible to eat" something like that and that will give you the courage to refrain from eating.

also when you have had enough, pop a mint/chewing gum into your mouth so you cant eat more.

Ooh I like that idea. I might buy myself something at the weekend to use for some motivation, and I'll be sure to stock up on some sugar free gum.

Thank you for the advice :)

I'm sorry to hear you've been signed off work. I agree with what's been said. When the time is right, let on you're on a healthy eating plan and if they're true friends (which they sound like they are) they will be more than supportive.

What is done is done, and what is eaten can't be uneaten :p Today is a new day, so good luck, have a great week!

Natt xxx

You're quite right! :) I'm trying to put it behind me and I feel better than I have a plan for dealing with it next time.

Back