Grunka Lunka's Self-Motivation

Grunka Lunka

Hello!

Ok, I'm quite new to Minimins but not to weight loss. Therefore, I thought I'd have a go at keeping a little diary here to keep track of my eating habits and exercise, which might help to motivate me a bit when I'm having a 'couldn't care less' day. I doubt I'll post every day but I'm feeling pretty motivated now so thought this would be a good time to start.

I'm not on a specific diet but I suppose I'm trying to use the principles of Slimming World (red / green days, healthy extras etc.) and trying to maintain my daily calories somewhere between 1200 and 2000. Putting too much restriction on calories doesn't work for me as I find that if I hit my limit, such as 1200, all I can think about is food and then I end up bingeing. Therefore, I've got more of a focus on eating healthy, nutritious foods and keeping sugary and fatty foods to a minimum. So here goes...

I'm working from home today so I've got the fridge and cupboards on hand. However, so far today I've had:-
Banana - 121 cals
Gluten free English muffin - 121 cals
Margarine - 63 cals
Medium egg - 60 cals
Dairylea Light slice - 47 cals
Chai Latte (Tassimo) - 96 cals

That's 508 so far. Tonight I'm having home-made tomato and basil soup (made using a SW recipe so all free foods - probably around 150 cals a bowl) and some rice crackers (another 100 cals).

Definitely not enough so I'll add in some more fruit later (I've got loads of grapes, kiwi, apples, satsumas and blueberries in the kitchen so I'll make myself a fruit salad and have a Muller Light with it, yum!) Might have some bread with my soup later if I'm hungry enough for it.

As for exercise, I dragged myself out of bed at 7.30am today and did an hour of the Davina Power of 3 DVD - what a killer! Haven't done that for years and the last time I did it I couldn't walk properly for 3 days. Feeling ok at the moment though so hopefully tomorrow my muscles won't be too painful! I'm planning on doing it 3 times a week from now on so I need to keep myself motivated enough to continue with it!

Signing off for now :)

Back