Extra Easy Gutted - first two weeks of Slimming world and only 0.5lbs lost!!

Ka-joan

I've just returned from my first WI which is a two weeks and two days since I started SW as I couldn't get to my usual class last week or this week and hadn't realised I could go to any class.

Anyway, I'm literally in tears as I only lost half a pound!! I just can't believe it - I've stuck to the plan and found it pretty easy and was actually enjoying the fact that I was eating and loosing weight and the hundreds of ideas and menus there are for SW - but all my efforts have come to nothing - just a measly half pound.

I even ended up having a row with my boyfriend at the w/e as he wanted to eat in a pub but there was literally nothing SW friendly on the menu and I insisted we go home and eat.

I'm on extra easy and wondering if I shouldn't ask to switch to one of the other plans. I do have PCOS and I'm on a low dose anti-depressant and wonder if it's these factors that are making it impossible for me to lose weight. I've got 2 stone to lose but at this rate it's going to take a very long time!

Not sure if I should just give up and accept SW isn't for me?

Sorry to hear about your disappointing loss - could you put up a couple of days food diary here til we see if there are any clues in it to explain it. I definitely wouldn't give up yet!

Have you filled out a food diary and had it checked out by your consultant? How bad were you the week s before you started? How much might you have gained had you not been following some kind of plan the last couple of weeks?

Don't give up so soon, especially after a loss! There could be all kinds of reasons but sticking at it and working on it is the key however long it takes, post a food diary here and people may help but if you are paying a consultant then give them a chance.

Thank you so much for your encouraging replies.

I'll definitely put up a couple of days food diary when I get home this evening. I haven't even been using all my syns each day but rather saving them up as occasionally I'm out at a friends house for dinner and don't have so much control over what I eat - having said that though there has only been one day in the last fortnight I've been out.

I can't help feeling there must be an answer to this. I really, really don't want to give up as I really feel this is such a good plan.

In answer to what would I have put on in weight if I hadn't been doing slimming world - the answer is probably nothing if I'd been relatively careful.

Again, thanks for the encouragement - I really am feeling very low having felt so up this morning.

That may be your problem, syns are as much part of the plan as the free food and healthy extras. Some people save them for the weekend with no problem, others just can't do this and find it leads to a gain using them all in one go. Also if you say you werent using them as you were saving them, but you've only been out once you haven't been using them at all then? This can also lead to slow losses. Might be something to think about and I know you've already said you will but I also would have recommended posting a food diary xx

Last edited:
Hey, don't think of giving up, many people have a large loss on week one, but many don't. Just stick with the plan and you will lose weight. And............ don't forget there's a money back guarantee if you fill in your food diaries for four weeks and don't lose:) They only do that because they are certain they will not refund any money 'cos you WILL lose:)
Good luck for next week - and try and post your food diary on here and let's have a look at it
Tina x

I can only echo and suggesrt what others have said, put a couple of days meal plans up to enable people to look at them and see if they can spot anything. Dont give up yet the plan really does work.

We had a back to basics at our class this week as if we were all new members - with gentle reminders for everyone.

Are you honest with yourself - do you measure (where required) your healthy extras ie cereal, cheese, milk

When using bread do you truly measure a tsp/tbsp margerine/butter or is it a guesstimate

Sauces ie mayo, tomato do you measure or guesstimate

Are you having 1/3 superfree on your plate or just a few lettuce leaves

Im not saying you dont do any of these, they were questions asked in our meeting.

Try upping your SS foods - Strawberries, melon etc. Make sure you have your 5-15 syns if you know your not going to be having a night out to save them for. Drink lots of fluids too this can help a lot

Did you leave your diaries with your consultant to check and did you stay to group?
Both of these things will help her to understand what's going on, and be able to help you.
Stick with it :) they don't offer a money back guarantee for nothing.

I too have pcos and I find it so hard to loose weight, my gp said to me that if someone with my problems (I am on meds also) looses 1/2 lb every couple of weeks that's really good! I know it's hard not to be disappointed when you've been trying so hard, try to look at though your weight is going in the right direction :) so well done for your loss!

I'd stick with it and see how you go. I've just re joined sw...again lol keep posting to let us know how you get on x

My friend with PCOS also only loses when she does a majority of red days. She usually does 5 red to 2 green and the weight is coming off, albeit slowly. But it's going in the right direction.

Also, are you eating enough? I've only recently rejoined, but had my biggest weight losses when I was eating more than when I was eating less. Sometimes your body has to learn that you're not going to starve on this eating plan, that there is another snack/meal imminent, and it doesn't have to hang on to all those calories just in case there's a sudden famine :)

Hope you can find a way of making the plan work for you - good luck! :)

Please please dont give up. All I can do really is reiterate what everyone else has said, and make sure you have at least 5 syns a day. Its tempting not to use them but they are built into the plan and you wont lose more by not using them. Enjoy them and use them and the weight will still come off. We are all here to help and support you:)

Back