Gutted!! Weight not moving on SS

MrsBligh

Been 100% on SS!!

WI 2day lose 2lb!!! I'm 18stone 8lb, so have lots of fat to burn, so body pls burn it!!!!!

CDC suggested SS+, so I've had a lovely tea of haddock cabbage and leeks, completely stuffed even with so little food!!

Will have to wait and see if it budges!!

Starting weight 19st 8lb
Week 1 = 4.5lb loss
Week 2 = 4lb loss
Week 3 = 3.5lb loss
Week 4 = 2lb loss :(

I had this exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. It was followed by a 2.5 lb loss, and I really though about quitting. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, I lost 6 lb. Three is the average, so you're only a little under. Here's hoping your meal has kickstarted your metabolism, but don't forget that it could be your menstrual cycle clinging on to water too. Next week will be better: I'm sure of it.

I had this, I stepped up to SS+ on about week 6 as my losses were roughly 2lbs a week for 3 weeks. On SS+ I typically lose 3lbs a week, with a 4/5 week in there every now and then x

16 weeks and 52.25lbs down :) 13 weeks and 38.5lbs to go :)

Thanks guys for replying, I was in tears when I got weighed in, as many lighter people have stupid high weight losses in the first weeks and mine have been below average shall we say....

You touched on menstrual cycle, I'm begging for anyone that has further info on how this affects the diet to come forward, as I am regular at every 23 days, a right royal pain, as no sooner have I finished I'm due on again :( however..... Since starting this diet 4 weeks ago, I haven't bled, I'm now over a week late ( no chance of pregnancy btw, I'm sterilised, hubby snipped!!!)

Could this be affecting my weight loss?!

Please help xxx

I'd say so.....mine were very irregular the first few months, they've settled back down again now though. I always find the week before I'm due on, I have a small loss, and the a massive loss the week after x

Sarah, it's probably just your body adjusting. Some people find that the diet will bring on periods (especially if they were irregular before) and others (like me) find that periods stop. I was on the diet for a time last year and my usually clockwork periods ceased, although this time I seem to be carrying on as normal. Don't worry: your body will regulate itself eventually. When my period fails to show up I just sit back and enjoy the break. ;)

I've been on CD 3 times, this being the last!!! Never had my periods play up like this....

I came on the week before I started the diet, and that period dragged on once I'd started SS ( sorry to be graphic) with the brown discolour for about 2 weeks, I honestly felt as if the period would never end...

Now there's no sign of coming on again at all, no tummy pains, and no grumpier than usual lol!!!

Don't get me wrong I love being period free, especially living my adult life with it every 23 days, apart from pregnancies....
Just not at the expense of weight loss!!

Just had my second day on SS+ had 2 large eggs, hard boiled with lettuce, cucumbers and celery, was very little amount of food, but I'm prepared to do whatever works!!

Hopefully this will rev my system up a gear, and then boot it back into SS, must be doing it correct as still in ketosis :)

Does any one know if on SS+ you can split the protein and have half the portion of tuna with just 1 large egg, with the salad bits???

Xxx

Yes, you can split it any way you like - between times as well as foods. There has to be some​ flexibility in this otherwise very rigid lifestyle!

I've been told by my consultant to do exactly that as I'm not much of a meat eater (!).

I have chicken with cottage cheese or tuna and an egg normally.

I really hope things improve for you Xx

Thanks guys, love the support this forum brings, feels like a huge group hug, that's definitely sometimes needed on this diet!!!

Xxxx

I've finally come on, after being 2 weeks late!!! Lets hope my WI is more favourable on Weds, after a week on SS+ and my menstrual cycle figuring itself out!!!
Fingers crossed x

I will keep my fingers crossed for you Mrs B!! First weigh in for me tomorrow and I really do not feel any thinner at all, if anything i feel bigger with a belly full of water!

Thank you :) you'll be fine huni, this diet def works, its just going slow for me :(
Lets us know how your WI goes please, good luck!!!

My first WI was after only 3 full days on the plan, but needs must if you have commitments, even so, I'm sure you'll be fine huni, remember if you're being weighed early enough to get away without breakfast shake or any water intake, do that....as Blimey it makes a difference, liquids can be weighty :)

:( I only lost 3lbs which I was initially gutted but also relieved cos my scales said i had only lost 2!

She is very good though, she gave me a good talking to and reassured me, made some suggestions, measured me again and apparently i have lost a bit off my waist, arms and legs so i dont feel as fed up now.

Is yours tomorrow?

I feel your pain sweetheart :( all that effort, for a weightloss you could attain on WW or SW?! But you have gotta look towards the bigger picture, once your body gets used to all this, it should improve, I keep hoping so anyway....
Look up dual dynamics on YouTube, Laurence and Sharon are amazing, they've added me to their platinum players for extra support!!! It changes your attitude when you're down.... Trust me!!!
Yep my WI 2moro at 11am
Xxxx

good luck for tomorrow Mrs B. I always have a rubbish weight loss the week of my period - not the week before like some people- the week of it, but normally a better one the week after it is over.

Back