Gutted :-(

SarahSez

Silver Member
Went for my first re-weigh in after my 12 weeks off (for foot and tummy tuck) tonight.

I've started the fat attack fortnight and stuck to the calories; fought through the pain barrier and completed 5 workouts and spent and hour+ mowing the lawns yesterday and lost a big fat nothing!!!! Wouldnt be so bad but i'd weighed myself on Saturday and had lost 3lbs and that's before I did a Jillian Michaels workout, an aerobics workout and the gardening!

Don't know how i've gained 3lbs back in 2 days. :mad:

I've put my body through hell this week; the pain in foot being unbearable at times and I could hardly walk down the stairs this morning cos Jillian had thrashed my thighs.

Feel really down now :cry:

Am so sorry to hear that :( It's frustrating when you get no reward after all your hard work. Only thing I could suggest is possibly a little excess water (especially with the heat we get when it's hot).

It's hard to do at this point but keep going and hopefully you'll start to see the improvements soon. Don't forget you've only got 17lb to lose now, so it's unfortunately going to be that much harder. But if you've managed all of that in the first two weeks back and can keep going I'm sure you'll get there in the end :)

My instructor said I did too much first week back and fluid on foot and ankles and in the tummy tuck area (which swelled tremendously after first work out) were probably the reasons.

It's like the demon scales know i'm going to get weighed and want to trip me up! :pcwhack:

Hoping for a better showing next week. I'm only going to do my two classes to see how my foot holds out (I know I did too much last week due to the swelling on Sunday evening) :eek:

Ooo doesn't sound good :( Each pint of water weighs 1.25lbs so it doesn't take much water to cover up any potential weight loss. What type of scales do they weigh you on? Just standard ones or ones that can measure the water and fat percentages? My scales do all that and muscle mass, bone density and visceral fat. It's often a little more comforting to see a breakdown of the weight and what it is (plus better from a health point of view!).

Fingers crossed for you this week that the water goes and you get to see your true loss :)

Ooo doesn't sound good :( Each pint of water weighs 1.25lbs so it doesn't take much water to cover up any potential weight loss. What type of scales do they weigh you on? Just standard ones or ones that can measure the water and fat percentages? My scales do all that and muscle mass, bone density and visceral fat. It's often a little more comforting to see a breakdown of the weight and what it is (plus better from a health point of view!).

Fingers crossed for you this week that the water goes and you get to see your true loss :)

OOOh I didn't realise it was THAT much!!!!

She weighs on normal scales but every so often brings in the Tanita Body Composition Analyzer scales that gives you a print out; she bought them in on my last weigh in before operations and on the first one back - could have done with them the following week as well though as a comparison!!

I'm off to class tonight and hoping yesterdays BBQ hasn't done too much damage so fingers crossed! :fingerscrossed:

Yeah the analysers are much better to have I think, besides the fact that they're probably more accurate unless you're using calibrated scales. We had some fat/water scales but felt they were a bit too inaccurate so upgraded to a Tanita set which did the lot. I just felt that with so much weight to lose between us, it was worth the investment to keep a check on how well we were doing.

It can be comforting to know you've lost fat even if you've not lost weight. I try to avoid getting disheartened by a lack of loss else the pounds go on even more!

No of course not, these are the scales

Tanita BC543 Glass Electronic Bathroom Scale: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

I paid about £70 for them but that's because I don't buy off marketplace sellers (more of a pain usually!). Amazon's price on the right is £70.

I compared those and the other tanita ones on the Amazon site and Tanita's own, and these did what we wanted for a fairly decent price. You can save 4 different people in there, and when you use them fully, you can recall what your previous weight and measurements were.

I must admit, they're really worth the purchase. And they go into ounces as well so you can get a more accurate reading of weight :)

Back