Gym on dukan, weight loss or muscle gain??

mariloo

Hi everyone,
Im just wondering if im doing the dukan diet and going to the gym a few times a week too will i lose weight or gain muscle??? I really need to lose a lot of weight after having twins and have succesfully done that on dukan before but i wasnt going to the gym then just walking! Im not doing heavy work outs im doing a 1 hour session with a personal trainer 3 times a week but atm its mainly intense cardio. I cant ask my pt for advice because he'll go mental, he hates dukan diet and has put me on an absolutely ridiculous diet that i just cant follow as im starving all of the time. I really dont want to gain muscle like a body builder lol.

Hi Mariloo

Its a myth that women gain muscle and bulk up like men... our bodies are not built for that. Women builders go into a whole other level of training and eating to get to where they are.

I have been exercising on Dukan from the third week into the diet (felt light enough by then :p). Started off doing cardio only for a couple of months and then incorporated free weight training into my regular routine. I have not bulked up and have lost both weight and inches consistently ...

I don't go to a gym but workout at home (doing Chalean Extreme now as I needed a more structured weight lifting program). Love every minute of it!

Lifting is one of the best things I've ever done - I feel super strong and can see some definition in my arms and back already :D.

Thanks Bonkers,
that makes me feel a bit better, I have over 30 kilos to lose and am thick built too so i am paranoid about getting bulky. Im going to stick to Dukan I think and just not tell my personal trainer, he thinks its his ridiculous 700kcal a day diet thats making me lose weight :mad:

Thanks Bonkers,
that makes me feel a bit better, I have over 30 kilos to lose and am thick built too so i am paranoid about getting bulky. Im going to stick to Dukan I think and just not tell my personal trainer, he thinks its his ridiculous 700kcal a day diet thats making me lose weight :mad:

Glad I could help...

I must say - I do randomly look at my calorie intake to see how much or how little I am consuming. I have yet to record anything over 1000 kcal (and I eat a lot - like a whole chicken during the day and a salmon or steak at night :eek:).

I have read of people having to portion control (at some point during Dukan) to manage their calorie intake - but I just can't see the need to ever :p.

All the best on your journey and let us know how you get on xx

I did cruise for a year to get to target as I had a lot to lose and I never bothered with portion control - if I was hungry I ate as much as I wanted!! As long as its allowed you should be ok :)

Hello! I have just started on Dukan but also running a half marathon in a couple of months... yikes.. not really ideal I guess but need to get on with it.. bridesmaid outfit (already bought by my best friend :/ ) and a holiday all planned. Gotta do it all... is it possible?! Am hoping so x

Hey Mariloo

I can tell you from experience that even with an intense 5 day a week weight lifting and cardio regimen you won't bulk up to a body builder size. You'll tone definitely but bulk? No. I did gain some decent muscle but unless I purposely flexed hard it was not noticeable. I've some pics on my profile if you want to see.

I've a friend who is a bikini body builder and the insane amount of work and strict, strict, dieting she has to do before a show is really unbelievable! Also she's a personal trainer so she practically lives in the gym :p

Edit: the pics are in my old diary not my profile sorry :/

Back