Gym - Power plate

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Cailin Maith, 29 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Cailin Maith

Cailin Maith Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Morning everyone!

I went to the gym yesterday and again today and did the Power Plate class, I ached last night and this morning was achey too but as I have a 3 day free trial for the gym, I'm getting the most out of it :D

Did another Power Plate class this morning and feel like I've been run over by a bus now. For a 15 minute workout - it's bloody intense..

Anyone else tried it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scanbran

Scanbran Stupid Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Our gym has a couple of these installed, but I've never used them and wouldn't know where to start :eek:

Sounds as if they're very effective, though! :D

4. Cailin Maith

Cailin Maith Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Honest to God, give it a try, yesterday was my first time too!

Despite some of the poses on them looking a little "risque" I can feel every muscle in my arms and legs and chest and indeed some muscles I didn't even know were there.

5. prawnchopSuey

prawnchopSuey Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They had a powerplate at the gym I used to go to and it IS effective as in, after 30sec of squats you feel like you've done hours of squats!
    I could feel myself wobbling like a jelly (even the bits I didn't think were wobbly!).
    However, it is not fat-burning and won't burn many calories, it is just gentle toning so to promote weight loss you have to do a proper cardio-vascular workout as well (as the super-fit gym lady told me ;) )

6. Cailin Maith

Cailin Maith Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Yep, thats what they told me too - I should have done my cardio before it though as 10 mins on the cross trainer after was torture.

"gentle toning" :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: there was nothing gentle about the way I was wobbling about this morning :8855:

7. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    pmsl xx:8855:

8. Cailin Maith

Cailin Maith Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    It gets worse, I've had to negotiate having a wee - I'll have to use the disabled one I think, trying to sit on the loo was excruitiating... getting back up was worse...:eek:

At least in the disabled loo, there is a handle on the wall to help me down and up. Not sure shouting for help from the inside of the ladies will help my career prospects:rolleyes:

9. lesserme

lesserme shrinking granny

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.69%)
    Diet:
    s/w
    correct me if I am wrong but I thought, they only recommend up to 10mins in 30 second bursts 3 times a week on the powerplates because of the inensity of them.

10. Cailin Maith

Cailin Maith Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    15 mins classes in the gym where I have been going. I've only got a 3 day trial at this gym so I did it yesterday and today.

They haven't indicated that you can only do 3 times a week, but if I feel this battered after twice, I'd imagine your own bodily defence would kick and after 3 anyway and say "No more".

11. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    You should always rest your muscles for at least a day, preferably two, after doing intense work on them x

12. Cailin Maith

Cailin Maith Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Yep, I know that.

It is simply because I have the free trial that I was making the most of it :)

13. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had never heard of it so looked at it on Google.

This is what one looks like if like me you have never seen one.

[​IMG]

14. Cailin Maith

Cailin Maith Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Yep, thats it filly :D

Looks easy doesn't it? I thought on Monday morning, 15 minutes pah... whats that going to do for me :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I was sooooo mistaken!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.